danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why are people so stupid?

| Like so many people live by extremes why cant they realise that world is more complex and think outside of their bubbles
Some go out of their way to nagete reallity because they are "doing it for the greater good" when in reallity they are just being overruling assholes with too much good intention

All extremes will lead to a bad society yet they think being extreme in the name of their ideology is justified because they are on the "right side" of history

| Thats why we cant have nice things

If people were more worried about solving the problems instead of finding and fighting the enemy we would be way more advanced
Its these extreme ideals clouding peoples visions that causes most conflict

We should be doing better and actually discuss how to solve stuff

| And the worst part is that ussually these people are soo into their own heads that even if you prove that they are being too rarsh, emotive and ilogical they say that its justified because its for the greater good when in reallity nothing should be prioritised over the lives and property of innocent people that have nothing to do with your justice
People should not suffer for the greater good if its happening then its time to re think your plans

| The intentions are in the right place but the emotions and actions are too clouded by hate

| I've seen you post extreme views yourself and you more often than not seem to greatly misunderstand what other people are telling you.

In that other thread I disproved one of your "facts" and did you realize you were wrong? No. Instead you accused me of being an extremist and tried to move the goalpost lol. Way to practice what you preach.

Also learn how to use periods already. It's not a hard concept for someone who isn't stupid.

| >>695653 that are you talking about? And what extreme views? Also isnst judging grammar a bit cheap?

| >>695684 just forget it op, as you said nobody thinks that they are the oppressor, in their heads they are the heroes of their journey crushing the villains. either people will fight back or they will be to scared to act and give them control, so history can go either way but never forward, I think we are just stuck in a grater conceptual filter that will dertermine if we will go to space of die by ourselves

| >>695694 but its so frustating that people dont realise it, I know people like to simplify things but like cant they even comprehend that its extremism that causes things like facism, dictatorships, riots, violent revolutions and terrorism? Its too surreal that they cant see it and think that doing the same thing again and expect society to change and improve

| >>695695 most people just want to live, also they are not their ancestors they dont know these mistakes, even if all you gotta do is study but ok, most people want to find an enemy to fight (good and evil) so if they can't find the enemy they create one hitler used the jews(WW1 was the real) and these people are using the far right and Trump(when its just the currupt stablishment, people with bad character and their own extreme ideologies) its nothing new for the world

| >>695698 yeah I get that but why are people like that? Why cant they see the or at least try to see that these problems are way more complex than just one ideology or one especific person, its as if they lie to themselves to the point of derrangement and blindly follow their emotions for some stupid goal while restricting their own freedom

| >>695699 what you described reminds me of religion, I guess since most people need to feel secure they just sell away their freedom for protection, thats how the medieval era worked and before that religion was also what they used as way to feel secure about world and nature, nowadays its seems politics are the new religion and when you have people blindly following an ideal its bound to become extreme, right and left wingers being extreme is a classic dispute

|

| >>695700 I wish people had more free will and instead of chaining themselves they would actually try to understand and solve their inssecuritiez

| >>695702 to be honest me too, but thats how reality is.
These people need science, not only as a practice but as a philosofy, evrery mistake and succes is a new topic and teaching, and it feels amazing to learn and fulfil a new discovery by yourself, even if somebody already did, its all about freedom to explore and self fufilment if you ever feel insecure about somthing you face it and analyse it thats how science works

| >>695703 Now I want some science sounds like a good way to live

| >>695704 you already have it and you live in it, everything can be infinetly explored, people just take what they have for granted and don't see the complexity of the world or raher, they fear the complexity of the world

| Enlighted centrism has entered the chat.

| not this shit again

| Hhhh as described by philosophy living with science, and making it into a god. Is just as bad as any other religion if not worse due to its effectivness

| Sir whyred volte lineage 18 pls when.
Do we count those people as well?

| Enlightened centrism

| Is cringe and full of shit

| Women still are our greatest enemy and should not exist

| >>696182 agreed, women are too attractive, imagine all the conflicts that would have been prevented if a guy didnt want to bone them. The world would be so much better

| >>696190

Jokes on you, men will just bone each ot-

>Laughs in Spartans

| >>696201 but thats gae unless their said no homo

| >>696202

And that's ok.

| >>696222 its ok to be gay

| Part of the problem is that these people are arrogant as hell. Tell them that what they do conflicts in direct manner with their so called "morals" and higher ground, and they'll just try to prove you wrong instead of trying to fix the problem

| >>696255 you made an amazing point

| >>695610
>Like so many people live by extremes
Most people are quite moderate...
>why cant they realise that world is more complex and think outside of their bubbles
These bubbles are the result of
- social-economical separation due to division of labour
- estrangement from nature due to industrial production

| >>695610
>Some go out of their way to nagete reallity because they are "doing it for the greater good" when in reallity they are just being overruling assholes with too much good intention
There is no such a thing like "too much good intention". The problem is that some selfish assholes successfully redifine inhumane crap as "good", the "neccesarry evil", "moderate" etc. Naturally most people simply believe that simple answers are the best ones, because that's what they were told.

| >>696360 makes me wonder how much of themselves are people willing to blindly give away for the promise of a hipotetical better life
Wanting things to be simple is nice all, and very natural tbh, but how can they think that something such as societal problmems and politics are that black white? Its frightening

| >>695610
All extremes will lead to a bad society yet they think being extreme in the name of their ideology is justified because they are on the "right side" of history
This is exactly the kind of oversimplification you complained about. Humanism and human rights are pretty extreme, but does it mean they are bad? The problem is that humanism sometimes is missused by people to justify their inhumane policy.
On the other hand there truly are ideologies that are rotten from the core.

| >>696362
The first paragraph was meant to be a citation.

| >>696363 thanks for explaning it on my behalf

| It was just an small citation meant to get people on the topic quickly, and I expanded on it later, there is nothing wrong with simplifying somthing if you expand uppon it later with an explanation

Total number of posts: 37, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1599840288

This thread is permanently archived