danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
fuck parents who hit their kids to punish them

| it's such a fucking shit way to teach your kid what's wrong. all it does is show them that making mistake = beating. my dad did this shit to me and i hate him for it. he would hit me with belts, punch me, throw me around, pull my hair, and shake me around like a fucking doll.

i absolutely despise this way of dealing with bad behavior in kids. it ruined my relationship with my both of my parents and hurt my mental health so much.

| parents that threaten violence on their kids are just as bad, they're using fear to manipulate their kids into behaving rather than being good teachers to their kids. shit likes this makes me so fucking mad and it's the only thing that genuinely makes me uncontrollably angry.

| If it was my child I would explain why they are wrong and then beat them depending on how bad they bahaved

| I don't know... Me and my friends was thought this way, and we become good people with good grates, kindness, and good thinking.

| >>675793
>grates

| >>675794 What? I from Russia. We didn't learn English twelfth years ago.

| Using belts and pulling on hair is a pretty animalistic thing to do, but I don't think implication or light physical punishments like ear twisting or head slaps are that bad. The problem is when parents use it as a quick method to punish for whatever rather than taking the time to talk to their kids, learn about their habits, and teach them how to correct it.

| >>675780 lol your father didnt hit you to punish you, he just hates the fact that his sperm turned out to be useless.

I got beaten for making mistakes and it thought me how to be better.

| Using fear and pain to "teach" your children is disgusting, I agree. Rewarding them for doing well is much more effective and helps their mental health instead of ruining it. It's basic psychology. So many people who have been beaten yet turn out alright seem to think that the reason they're a decent person is because they got beaten, and not despite getting beaten. Violence is for weak minded people who are too fucking dense to get a half decent sentence out of their mouth.

| >>675835
>Rewarding them for doing well is much more effective
You're gonna hate having a job. How fucking old are you? 15?

| >>92b6e7
Babbys first troll. Here's your (you)

| >>675837
Parents are supposed to teach you values and how to be a decent person. School is supposed to prepare you for work. Also, if we're gonna pull out quotes:
>lol your father didnt hit you to punish you, he just hates the fact that his sperm turned out to be useless
You say I sound childish?

| Hard read on your answer:
Something along the lines of "It's true lol" and more shit to make it too fucking obvious you're an obvious troll on mentally challenged.

| >>675839 nah not really.

>>675840 is sounding childish worse than believing shit like
>Parents are supposed to teach you values and how to be a decent person. School is supposed to prepare you for work.
Fucking hell what kind of parent will you be?

| >>675854
Yeah, okay. I can entertain trolls who actually do their shit well. I'm sorry cuh, but you gotta work on your cancer.

| >>7ce784 I've never seen bait this pixelated holy shit.

| Nah man I say it's fine in my book just not as extreme as you all. Like I got the belt, hands, a board and even wet pants used to discipline me and I turned out fine. Probably just a difference in culture but some people beat their kids to discipline them in earnest and only hit you hands or your butt but others hit their kids because of their own problems like stress etc which is not cool

| ^ I don't really think ops situation is really about discipline but more about his dad taking things out on him.

| I got a lot more than that, and lost my morality thanks to what happened, so it didn't work for me atleast.

| My parents were very reasonable, they would only spank my butt when I did something horrible and would always lecture me before doing so, it taught me to not be violent and to make sure i dont do the same, some kids just do bad stuff no matter how much explain to why they are wrong, "if you cant teach by word teach by force" they would say to me after commiting the same mistake 3 times

| >>676017

| >>676017 teach by force if you know something doesn't make sense but want to force your opinions on other people anyways, just like terro-
jk but that is what it is tho

| >>676096 what would you do if your kid decided to throw insects at people they didn't like and got reported by it 5 times, even after being lectured and grounded 4 times about it?( yeah I know, pretty bad kid and all)

| >>676102
I prolly won't have kids since that would mean bringing them into a hellish world, but I think if the person they threw insects at punched them or retaliated they would learn from their mistakes, and learn that actions have consequences, and from there they can choose to continue or stop. The problem is people think peace is nice, but it prevents people from learning. Peace is "nice", but peace is also horror, and the greatest peace always comes before the greatest war.

| >>675782 It depends on the kind you are talking, and also when it's used. My parents did a combination. They rewarded me when I did well yes. But like sometimes I would be slapped, spanked, or had my mouth washed out with soap. Other times when having tantrums, I was told to go to my room to have it and come out when I could behave respectfully.

It can't always be reward, there needs to be discipline. It doesn't mean beat your kid like a boxer, but sometimes some force is needed.

| >>676131
Telling them to go to their room and shit isn't abuse though. That's normal. Basically, there are ways to punish kids and teach discipline that aren't violent, but a lot of parents are too retarded or impatient to bother with putting effort into raising their kids, so they just use violence instead.

| I grew up like this tho, although my parents didn't do it much. only when i made a big mistake

| i got beaten as a kid and it fucked me up.
and now i look in this thread and i find people defending it.

to this day several years later i have psychological issues.

| >>676201
you probably shouldn't take them that seriously tbh, although that's an understandable reaction. I feel like some people were just messing around anyways.

| >>676203 nah I'm for real. Parents hitting you to teach you shit is very helpful but most of you people just had shitty parents.

| >>676201
Yeah. There's a lot of trust issues and trauma that comes from it. The people who say stuff like "they only did it when I deserved it" are literally just abuse victims, justifying what their abusers did and blaming themselves because their abusers convinced them that was the reality.

| >>676205
well, considering my parenting was really bad (rly abuse w/out any real care), I can't really comment on those cases. In my case it was getting beaten up for fun amongst other things, so I can't easily relate to the idea that it would teach kids to do something.

| >>676208
I've seen that happen in other cases so it wouldn't surprise me if some people do that about this as well.

| >>676210
Yeah. Most people do. I have a friend who got sexually harassed by her parents and beaten constantly by her brother and stuff, but she always thought she deserved it or that it was justified and her fault, until she told friends about it and talked with a therapist and shit. She still has times where she feels like she deserves it, but it's literally just abuse.

| >>676211 thats just more shitty parenting, even if her parents allways refused to beat her they would raise a problematic child, since they were bad people to begin with, any teaching method can raise a problem child if used lot, rewarding, lecturing, grounding, beating if used togheter can show a kid multiple facets of life and understanding

| >>676400 then your papa wasn't as good at parenting as you remember.

| >>676408 k

| >>80ae1c >>676203 no bro I'm legit. There is a saying in my country "who can't hear must feel" it's just that you guys are mixing up legit abuse with discipline.

| >>676410 so true.

| It feels like a lot of people who had bad childhoods and abusive parents are seeing everything parents do to discipline their child as abuse that should be stopped.If your not doing anything wrong your parents won't discipline and if they do discipline you despite not doing anything wrong or they go from hitting you in the hand to burning their cigarettes on your arm or hitting you so hard they leave bruises that's abuse

| >>676410
I suppose it's possible, esp. since my parents weren't really trying to teach me anything in the first place.

| >>676400 I'm not projecting anything just stating the facts based on shit you said.
>my father was a good person but he thought beating me was the way to educate a child.
It obviously didnt work. See how fragile you turned out.

Fucking hell this thread is just pussies and abused kids crying. Grow up you, fuckers.

| >>676415
No, mine was definetly abuse in a lot of ways. They weren't actually trying to teach me anything they were just having fun.

| >>676419
so you agree beating a kid is a fucking retarded move that indeed fragilizes children?

| >>676419
I don't think I got fragilized (is that a word?). The abuse was what caused me to lose my morals and my feelings of guilt when I kind of snapped. Although to be honest I don't think I'll ever be the same again.

| Holy shit this thread is sad.
I was beaten too, pretty often. And then they divorced, and I was left for myself in the late teens, when I needed parental guidance the most. Then I've lost four years to depression. And my degree, and friends, and acquaintances, everything.
The only luck I had was stumbling upon a job I like doing. Even then, people put up with me just because I get shit done, not because I'm a good person or enjoyable to hang around.

| tldr
Beating kids is terrible, but neglecting the actual parenting part may be worse.

| >>676421 no. It's a way I avoid having too many beta cucks but apparently it didnt work for most of people who post on an anonymous text board. If you're a pussy even after getting beaten up, you deserve whatever invented mental illness you say you have.

>>676428
>The abuse was what caused me to lose my morals and my feelings of guilt when I kind of snapped.
Well at least it didnt make you lose your edge.

| mods? are you sitting on your ass?

| >>6e5bf0 hello edgelord who glorofies abuse how are you doing? i wonder if you're ever going to step out of the gene pool.

| >>676451 bruh dont be a kid. Pref is exactly like me. Hey Pref, it's your old friend deprived of your attention. Anon-E with a dash, lol.

| >>676457 wtf's a gene pool? As I said, I'm doing alright unlike whining babies in this thread.

| >>676457 and bruh it's been 2 years(if you're the same newfag). Stop mentioning with the id. Are you autistic? You like the pretty colors?

| >>676463 or was it without the dash? Can't remember. It was different from the other anon e. Ah fuck it's been a long time. Who the remembers

| >>bd2da0
You're a sad, sad person. I don't k is if your worldview is genuinely this retarded, but, I hope for your sake that you just somehow find this funny and that you've actually got a head on your shoulders. I hope things get better for you homie.

| >>676476
>I hope things get better for you homie.
Bruh you should be saying this to yourself and other abused kids in this thread who think parents beating to teach is same as having shitty parents who regret not using a rubber.

| >>676479
Mhm. I still wish you the best homie.

| >>676457
Of course he's out of the gene pool. He's obviously not getting laid. If he did he wouldn't be so bitter and insecure enough to roister himself to strangers on the Internet lmao.

| >>676484 wtf is roister now? Insecure? Me? You did read the shit you kids wrote, right?
And gene pool. How fucking old are you people?

| >>676490
I think they meant hoister(maybe?).
Also, I feel like everyone posting here is insecure about something, probably (most humans are). I personally feel like having insecurities isn't helpful but our brains have that function for some reason.

| oh wait nvm i'm dumb. Insecurities are usually in cases where we don't have enough food/resources to survive, which causes us to feel insecure (probably to make us solve the problem), and it seems that function is happening with other stuff as well.

| >>676504 human brain has a lot of evolutionary quirks, it keeps us from thinking objectivly, but hels with more survival based situations, this is why I feel like humanity wasn't ready for internet.

| roister / (ˈrɔɪstə) /
to brag, bluster, or swagger

| >>676513
oh, that makes sense
>>676506
true lol

| >>676568 they don't have to close a thread just to shut one person, stop being so sensitive. If they were to ban every thread with shit like this we would be just like reddit or twitter

| >>676568 so you want to talk about a taboo topic in order to close a thread you don't have to read if you don't want to? Please stop.

| >>676628
yup i know that, also where in >>676568 did i say to close the thread?>>676640

| i'm saying is hypocritical to want to remove pedo content because it's child abuse but apparently beating them silly is ok
make up your mind

| >>676568

You get an immediate ban. Thank you for playing.

Total number of posts: 69, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1594059199

This thread is permanently archived