danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Nowadays journalism is bullshit

| So much complaints about fake news and then we blame social midia but we never aks who is making those news, so many sites exagerate the truth and try to keep a political agenda, we see that on games, comics, politics, everyday troubles, terroism and even protests, but we never ask what is the real intent beheind those people

| "back in my day"
get the fuck out boomer oldfag

| These journalists have barely any resonable proof or credential but their bosses still allow them to write articles and spred them online, I wonder if the fake news we se is a product of the corruptions of those plataforms and their need for clicks, no wonder they hode the fact that its the bots on social midia who spread those lies instead of the poor online communities who get purged from the internet

| >>675431 this not a back in my day, just saying that internet algorithims on big social platafors are the thing that helps the spread of fake news and that these fake news sites just love to blame the people on the internet who read those fakes news and belive it, and when least expect the communities who read that fake new aka the victims get banned for stuff like hate speech, spread of fake news, etc

| >>675427
>but we never aks who is making those news

Who is asking that?

Wtf are you even talking about? Everyone knows that only five companies owns 90% of US media. They're AT&T, Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, ViacomCBS and Fox Corporation.

Media integrity is bad because such a small number of companies and individuals control the entire media market.

| When media ownership is concentrated in one or more of the ways mentioned above, a number of undesirable consequences follow:
Commercially driven, ultra-powerful mass market media is primarily loyal to sponsors, i.e. advertisers and government rather than to the public interest.
Only a few companies representing the interests of a minority elite control the public airwaves.
Healthy, market-based competition is absent, leading to slower innovation and increased prices.

| >>675441 yes ecxatly there is not enough competitions on between social midia plataforms

| However, independent journalistism has been steadily rising in America since a few years back, most notably since 2016.

https://www.poynter.org/business-work/2019/how-independent-journalists-are-covering-more-than-just-the-amount-of-rust-in-americas-overlooked-regions/

| But many of them are constantly under threat:

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/18/714625907/the-u-s-now-ranks-as-a-problematic-place-for-journalists?t=1593716262969

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/19/american-journalism-fake-news-trump

| >>675442
Journalistic intregity has nothing do with social media platforms. What are you even going on about?

| Yeah, its because independent journalism sites are spreading stuff like crazy, doing anything they can to get views and clicks

| >>675446 these independent journalists have sites, these sites are shared trough social midia, but what happens when socical midia shares a independent article that has fake news and it gathers a huge audience? A bunch of people start sharing those fake news and the bots used to modderate these plataforms starts sharing it even more since it attracts more clicks and advertisements, thus spreading even more fake news

| >>675447
>independent journalism sites are spreading stuff like crazy

Which sites are you referring to? It would be nice if you could provide some links to those sites.

| >>675457 sorry for the late response, theres no real sources for that, not only because nobody is talking about it since but also because its something that has been bothering me and I wanted to at least point that out, if you want you can disregard this thread as a conspiracy theory of why there is so much fake news being spread

| >>675575
So you just made it up...? Why are you lying so much?

| >>675584 its not making it up, its just putting an unconfirmed but plausible idea, wich could be argued since some influencers and people on the industry have been complaining about, also if you need more contexct there is another thread that I dive deeper into it

| https://boards.dangeru.us/u/thread/675123

| >>e4f527
Holy shit you're such a fucking liar.

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1593818191

This thread is permanently archived