danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Culture is not your friend

| Culture is not your friend. Culture is for other people’s convenience and the convenience of various institutions, churches, companies, tax collection schemes, and what have you. It is not your friend. It insults you, it disempowers you, it uses and abuses you. None of us are well treated by culture.

| Culture, a concept which is viewed as a constricting complex of values, concepts and ideas which are imposed on the individual in the name of uniformity, thereby limiting human potential for thought and expression.

| The victims of culture include all those who are subjected to its dogmas, values and ideologies: From the young man going to kill and die in a war against people he never met in the name of culture, to those who limit and suppress their sexual identity and preferences in order to conform to culture’s moral dictates, as well as to those whose aesthetic and philosophical sensibilities are shaped by culture’s limiting constructs of expression and thought – in short, everybody.

| By embracing cultural forms such as ideologies, trends or brands, we are giving up on the precious opportunity for individual expression inherent in human existence. By defining ourselves through a predetermined concept or structure, saying for example:” I am a Marxist” or “I am an Apple fan” – one gives up his chance for self-definition. Culture, as McKenna puts it, is an intelligence test – and those who choose to embrace it fail the test.

| Culture is fine, its only a problem when it keeps people from thinking for themselves, same logic could be aplied to religion and ideologies, people sometimes are so lazy that they let themselves be controled by something

| >>675114
>Culture is fine because religion and ideologies are the same
isn't really an argument, you know.

Did you even bother to read the text? Because it sounds like you're just responding to the headline and nothing more.

| culture is the result of individual expression within a social context, it sounds to me like OP is a CONSOOMER of culture, thus yes, an "end product"

your ideas themselves are narrow minded OP, as proven by >>675585

| >>675598
How am I a consumer and which ideas are narrow-minded? Explain yourself please.

| >>17f6e2
Your idea of culture is such grossly simplified to the point of it being completely incorrect.

Culture is an umbrella term which encompasses the social behavior and norms found in human societies, as well as the knowledge, beliefs, arts, laws, customs, capabilities, and habits of the individuals in these groups.

| If you're part of any counterculture(and therefore not fit into the umbrella term) then it's even more clear why culture is not your friend and will sometimes even be active in trying to silence you.

Take LGBT for example. This is a very LGBT heavy website and many posters here are considered countercultural in their home countries.

I wouldn't refer to such people or myself as simple-minded but please explain what you meant when calling us that.

| holy shit just realized it's a b8 thread
fuck you you got me for 3 posts or so till you talked about fagger crap
good on ya cunt

| >>675624
How is it bait? If you don't want to talk about the topic then don't engage. You can do your shitposting and namecalling elsewhere.

| The thing is, a lot of people are weak willed that they need things such as culture and religion, cuz they dont use common sense and need something to influence their moral compass

| By the way are you emplying that counter culture is surperior? Cuz that is a very narrow minded and "insert a group" supremacist point of view, I dont follow any religion nor have any traditions but I respect peopl who do, since it can be a light at th end of the tunnel for them, you are just creating segregation and dehumanazing people here

| And I could argue how counter culture is a culture too

| Culture relativism is a weird concept what's right to us won't be right to others due to how we were raised the media we consumed and experiences we've had in our respective societies i think my textbook said it right we can agree not to eat grandma but we can't agree if grandma is a cow (speaking about Hindu beliefs) but the culture you are in and identify with won't always be the "right" one honestly it rarely ever will be

| Culture is part of a pure ideological superstructure, which also covers art, family, religion, philosophy, law, media, politics, science and education.

This superstructure is build on the economical basis, which are the means and relations of production.
While (material) basis and (ideological/cultural) superstructure shape and maintain each other the basis is what is dominant. Major changes of the superstructure can only be achieved by major changes in the basis.

| So change the economical basis, because
everything else is nothing but trying to get out of the swamp by pulling you from your own hair!

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1593935553

This thread is permanently archived