danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
can I learn an instrument at 24 with no prior musical knowledge

| I don't even know any musical notes.

| Yeah, you 100% can. It just takes a lot of time and practice, but it does that for kids and teens too, so yeah. It is very possible.

| My friend is in your same situation, he's trying to learn now because he wants to compose music for video games. He still doesn't know much but motivation and perseverance is all you need!

| How unsecure you need to be to think that you can't learn a new thing after 24...

| >>611131
The world is moving really quickly and it's was easier to see/share works so we see lots of cool things made by, like, 15 year old all the time! And 24 is just the time when you realise you're really getting older and there's no "when I grow up" ideals anymore because you are grown! It's normal to be anxious!!

Oh, and, op, please don't get discouraged. Music is hard, but it's not something you're ever too old for.

| All you need is 10 000 hours of practice. You can get that even if you are sixty years old. Only thing that matters is your determination. So yeah, don't be discouraged, op. Learning new things is a good thing. When you stop, you'll age and die in no time. Keep pushing and developing.

| You can. It's tough, and it doesn't feel like you're making progress a lot of the time, but you are. -(23 year old that just recently started fiddling with guitars, keyboards, saxophones, and turntables)

| Biggest thing is figuring out the little tricks that turn an instrument from being horridly complex to surprisingly simple. Chords, muscle memory, stuff like that

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1576621411

This thread is permanently archived