danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Other kinds of -punks

| Read the thread about Solarpunk, and now I found a game called Frostpunk where the world is in a constant winter and the people have to use an abondoned generator to try to give heat to the population and survive. What other -punks do you think exists?

| penispunk

| Steampunk

| There are tons of -punk that doesn't have anything to do with why we started labeling stuff -punk in the first place. Like Steampunk, Solarpunk and Atom Punk(which is a darker version of Raygun Gothic) for example.

Biopunk and Gothpunk still fits the criteria though. Biopunk is basically Cyberpunk but with biohacking instead.

Gothpunk is another term for Vampire the Masquerade and is easily the coolest -punk after Cyberpunk.

| Dieselpunk is DOPE. And there's so little media on it. It's heavily underrated.

| >>676425 Would definitely love to read about Meiji-era Japan with Dieselpunk-style Battle Zeppelin Yamato.

>>676403 Isn't Gothpunk basically just the incorporation of the occult and paranormal into daily life? Does that mean that Twilight and Buffy the Vampire Slayer are Gothpunk?

| >>676539 *Taisho-era

| >>676539
>Isn't Gothpunk basically just the incorporation of the occult and paranormal into daily life?

Not that I know of. I only know of the term in relation to VTM.

| >>676539
The phrase Gothic-Punk describes the mood and themes of the Classic World of Darkness. The Gothic-Punk milieu is a film noir environment, a dystopian world of extremes. The bureaucrats are all corrupt, the rich are filthy rich and the homeless clog the streets. A sense of eerie foreboding hovers over everything and there always seems to be a storm brewing on the horizon.

| >>676681
"Punk" is the other half of the equation that describes the counterculture or antisocial lifestyle adopted by many of the WoD's inhabitants, especially among the youth.

The youth, sick of the oppressive physical and social landscape, rebel against the capitalistic corruption of society through words, dress, music and sporadic violence while at the same time being indoctrinated by their elders and betters, either directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally.

| >>676682
Taken from the White Wolf Wiki.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1594051606

This thread is permanently archived