danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Cyberpunk ve Solarpunk

| Which do you prefer and why? I like the outlook of solarpunk more, but there's not a lot of media surrounding it.

| - steampunk
- dieselpunk
- proto-punk
- original '77 punk
- cyberpunk
- seapunk
and now solarpunk? ok...

i really like schuiten&peeters comics, altough i've read only a few. maybe some of their books do the trick? i'm aware most of them are very far from the specific solarpunk aesthetic you're looking for, but if you're interested in cities you'll probably enjoy cities of the fantastic.

https://media.tumblr.com/dca3ceab971b0a2bed645601dc441e14/tumblr_prx0e8d2h21r9iwfbo1_1280.jpg

| >>659384
I've heard of cyberpunk, biopunk, steampunk and solarpunk but never any of the other ones you mentioned.

>>b6457b
I used to play an TRPG over a decade ago called Solar Punk. It was pretty cool. Despite having "free" energy it was still sparce and hogged by the upper classes who used it to stay in power.

| >>659384
Woah! Thanks for the recommendation. Really breathtaking stuff

| >>659411
That's a really interesting take on the genre. Usually when I see it depicted, it's really utopian. Guess without changing how we understand power relations in society all the green technology in the world doesn't make a paradise. I'll check the game out!

| TF is wrong with you buddy
you can't compare the two things

| >>659411
dieselpunk is a real thing, like pre-nuclear WW2 era stuff. watch sky captain and the world of tomorrow.

seapunk was kinda replaced by vaporwave, but i think it had a lot more soul. i think most seapunks became vaporwavers at some point. seapunk it's not a 'punk as in cyberpunk, it's more of an internet aesthetic/music genre.

and well, the others, i was just messing with you :P

| >>659430
glad you liked it. it's an amazing comic. in my county it's pretty easy to get a hold of most books in the series in spanish, a local editorial has re-edited them. but some books are only available in french and are very hard to find :( like le guide des cités, which is a guide michelin spoof with touristic destinations from the cities in the series.

if you don't mind digital, if you dig a bit you will find some counterfeit cbrs.

| >>661666
I'll keep that in mind. There's just not enough material like this out there

| I mean I think solarpunk is more closely related to steampunk than cyberpunk. I like both of them but for different reasons that can't be compared to one another

| I've always liked dieselpunk.

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1590752783

This thread is permanently archived