danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
If mental age could be properly measured

| Do you think it could be a good idea to replace the "age of consent" with a "mental age of consent" or nah? Personally I feel like that could work pretty well. The reason for having an age of consent is to protect people who aren't developed enough for sex from sex. But there are both people who are mature early and people who are mature late, so if we were able to properly measure mental age, wouldn't using that for the age of consent be ideal?

| I love sex.

| Then you are saying that people woth mental disorder will never be legal to have sex.

| *with

| >>602225 it's already pretty much like that. If you have sex with someone with a mental disorder that limits their mental capacity somewhat even if they give consent/love you if their guardian doesn't think it's ok you could be going to jail for rape or they could say that since They are mentally at the level of a child your a....

| >>602228
priest

| >>602230
a gay-ass priest

| There is definitely should be an exam like that. Some people haven't matured at the age of 30, they shouldn't be allowed to drive a car or buying alcohol. On the other hand, some 15 years old have enough shit from their parents and should live alone. Now you can actually do this through the court, some idols and young actress do that so they can have a proper grown-up contracts with studios, but it should be automatised with examinations and regular re-evaluations.

| Well, there's also the thing, that until a certain age the body isn't developed enough

| >>602276
i think that argument relies too heavily on stick benis in bahina, which is only one way to do the sex

| >>602276
Someone with a body that's not ready for sex will not have a mind that is.

| I love children

| >>602299
they are wonderful

| I hate people who sexualize kids

| >>602410
i hate people who dont!

| I hate people.

| >>602424
i hate everyone BUT children!

| >>602410 ngl im a bit of a lolicon

| >>ff5ae3
Amen

| >>602424
Misanthropy ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| >>602450 ngl i'm the same kind as you but difference

| Mental age is not just a thing of the mind; there is a physicality to it: your brain. The brain develops well beyond teenage years, specifically, the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for planning and decision making, matures somewhere in the mid 20s. Objectively determining "mental age" beyond that is pretty difficult. How is it measured? For example, does it factor in academic ability? It's a similar argument against IQ in that people have different ways of thinking.

| >>dbbb6b There are a multitude of other factors to consider as well: cultural acceptance of sexual behavior, availability of protection, and in some cases, death rate vs birth rate.

| >>602473
It's a theoretical question homie. The whole question is "would it be good to replace physical age with mental age if it was possibly to measure a mental age". It obviously isn't, and I'm not sure it ever will be possible to do something like that because of how you'd have to take all the things you mentioned and then some into consideration.

| I personally see nothing wrong with how age of consent is king right now. Laws and common sense take care of the rest. Even if mental age was able to be measured as easily as physical age, I would avoid sexing any teens and younger since finding a mental adult among them would be pretty pointless. Hard enough to do with actual adults already.

| >>602502
I'm an actual adult and I can confirm that I'm mentally immature!

Wheeeee I'm gonna complain about sexualized drawings of children online!!

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1571356817

This thread is permanently archived