danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) C&D's Crazy Combos

| >Parked in a Downtown parking adjacent to the courthouse, was this Food Truck with a hella-groovy yellow, orange and white paintjob. It's side pronounced it's name "Casey & Don's Crazy Combos" right under it's open window, giving a look to the crew in the Kitchen. Inside, was one tall and lanky scruffy fellow, and one brown & black-furred German Shepherd, who was standing on his hindlegs leaning over the counter.

"Like, don't worry 'bout it Don, peeps will come man."

| "Rai ron't roubt it."
>Don gave his best dogly impression of a shrug looking over at Casey.

"Rai rust ron't think a radvertizement on Danger/u/ ris ronna attract ruisness is r'all."

>Casey laughed at Don a little, patting him on the back.

"Like, what say we take a bet? Like, If I can't drag anybody in with a simple ad, you gotta try the nastiest thing on our menu, man."

>Don gave a giggle at the silly proposal, before shaking Casey's hand with his paw.

"Rou're Ron."

| "Nah man, I'm Casey."

>The Two Goofballs absolutely lost their shit for a moment, before decidedly focusing on wether or not passer-by's wanted anything.

| >A young woman dressed in a leather jacket walks by and looks over at the truck. Intrigued by the name and the paintjob, she approaches the truck, hands in her pocket.

"Crazy combo, huh? What are you guys making?"

>The woman asks in a light posh accent, scanning around for some kind of menu.

| >The loud rumble of an engine fills the air as a motorcycle comes to a stop near the food truck. The bike in question has been customized beyond recognition; giant golden tail pipes stand tall behind a frame painted bright purple with white wings emblazoned on each side. Atop an oversized white leather seat is a young woman wearing a blue jumpsuit hung loose and secured around her waist by sleeves tied in a knot. She hops off the bike and stands in line for the food truck.

| >Catching the scent of food from the sidewalk, a third woman joins the queue dressed with a black jacket with an angular, yellow H embossed upon the left breast. Black leather gloves cover hands that faintly click as she slips a phone into her pocket.

>She joins the queue silently, although appears to be closely studying and scrutinizing the truck, its guests, and its occupants.

| >>771415
"Like man, it all really depends on your mood! Like, it's all about trying an old favorite with somethin' you've never tried before!"

>Don, would back off the counter for a moment,and pulled a menu out from under the counter with his paw and handed it to the woman. Which, upon inspection only seemed to have a list of things they could make. Like Sandwiches, Tacos, Hot Dogs, etc.

"Re recide rhe rombo based ron your
rastes~"

| >>d58b31
>Don barks at the 2nd Women to gain her attention.
"Rai can randle your rorder, rai'll re's busy."

| >>771476
>The girl in the jumpsuit startles in response to the bark.

"Oh! Uhh Hey~! You guys got anything with ice cream in it? I'm kinda caught between what kinda snack I want."

| >>771459
>The woman takes the menu from Don and look through it.

"Hmm, interesting. Say, let's not get too crazy yet, how about a taco?"

>She replies, handing the menu back.

"Oh, uh, you guys have a phone I could borrow? Mine ran out of battery and I need to call someone."

| >>771534
"Yeah, like no problemo, man!"

>Casey would take out his phone, unlock it, and open up the phone app, handing it to her.

"Like, do you have any sorta allergies? Or like, just somethin' you don't want?"

>>771491
"Re do!"

>Don would laugh into his paw a little.

"Rou wouldn't relieve rhat rai've put ice cream ron~"

| >>771540

>The woman pumps her fist slightly

"Dope! Surprise me. As long as it's got ice cream and something salty."

>>771534

>The sound of the woman's accent catches her attention.

"Hey hey! Lady! That accent... You wouldn't happen to know Andy Storm would you?"

| >>771540
"No, not really."

>She replies.

>>771543
>The woman in the beanie turns to look at you for a second, a look of confusion on her face.

"Why yes, he's my brother."

| >>771554

>The woman smiles big

"No flipping way! Happy to meet you, I'm Gomi! I met your dear old brother at the bar shortly after you got engaged. I was hoping I'd get a chance to congratulate you in person!"

| >>771555
"Oh, thank you. I'm sure Rowan will appreciate it too, although he's still outside town at the moment..."

>She smiles softly back at you, which takes a little sadder turn when she mentions him being outside of town.

"Well, I'm Valentine. Nice to meet you."

| >>771561

>Gomi crosses her arms and looks away.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"The man's got guts popping the question in public, but then he just up and bounced? Hope he's at least keeping in touch. If these guys' phone doesn't work out, you're free to use mine."

>Gomi pulls an awkward taco shaped phone that looks suspiciously like a portable game console out of her pocket and flashes it before returning it to it's rightful place.

| >>771587
"So you did noticed."

>Valentine smiles, blushing a little. She listens to the offer before replying.

"Actually, I might need that offer right now. My phone's battery died."

| >>771606

>Gomi digs the phone back out of her pocket.

"Let's just say I'm not great at keeping my ears to myself. This phone's a relic, you gotta dial numbers the old-fashioned way. The ear piece is on top of the phone, so you hold it like this."

>She demonstrates holding the taco shaped phone up to her ear with the screen and numpad facing Valentine before offering the phone to her.

| >>771639
"I think I'll manage, thanks."

>Valentine takes the phone. She fiddle around a little with the phone before figuring out how to dial. At last, she gets it and dial in a number, holding the phone up to her head.

| >Having been lured to this otherwise average Downtown lot by the promise of bacon wrapped hot dogs, another prospective customer joins the growing crowd. Likely attempting to keep cool in the summer heat (or perhaps to show off their well-toned frame...?),they sport a faded shirt that looks like it's had it's sleeves shorn off by a blindfolded tailor, and some equally tattered jeans. A baseball cap with the character "天" embroidered on the front shades their face.

| >The gloved woman takes a break from observing everyone to take her own phone out at the behest of a soft buzzing. She frowned at the screen before hastily typing back a message and slipping it into her pocket.

"Damned pests..."

| While the two were chatting and catching up, the chef duo got to work on their food, all while having a personal back-and-forth comedy routine going on. By the time they reached the point in the convo they were in they were practically done.

"Like, sorry to interrupt man! But your food combos are ready!"

>>d2346f
>Casey placed down a strangely delicious smelling taco with Deep-Fried Avacado, Mushrooms, lathered in Worsheshire and some Scotch Bonnet Sauce, with fries on the side.

| >>0c942b
>Don would place a bowl on the table that seemed to be vanilla ice cream, with olive oil drizzled over it, with some small flakes of sea salt drizzled over it.

"Rit rounds crazy, rut rit's relicious! Rolive oil rand rice cream, ris ra rhit."

>Casey nodded his head in response.
"Like, you said it Don, it's definitely the shit."

>Casey looked over to the customer for a moment, moving to address her.

"Also, if ya don't like it, you can get something else, man."

| >>771684

>Gomi takes the bowl of ice cream, trades it with her credstick and takes a large bite.

"Hey, thanks chief! This is actually pretty good!"

>>771640

>She taps Valentine on the shoulder before she steps away.

"Yo Val, Take your time with my phone. I'll be chilling by my bike while I eat."

>She goes over by her gaudy vehicle and rests her back against it.

| >>771680
"Thanks."

>Valentine replies, taking a plate of taco and fries, eating a fries while she waits for whoever's on the other side of the phone to pick up.

| >>771707
"Andy, it's me. My phone died. Where are you?"

>Valentine starts talking into the phone, but nods to Gomi.

"What do you mean change of plans?"

"..."

"You are such an assho-"

"..."

"Ugh, fine."

>She seems increasingly pissed as the conversation goes by. She looks around.

"I'm at this food truck, 'Casey and Don's Crazy Food Combo'. It's near the courthouse, you can't miss it. You'd better tell whoever's coming to hurry up."

>She hangs up and return the phone.

| >>771643
"Like, hey man, I will be with ya in a mo!"
>>771733
>Casey would turn his attention to Val a little.
"Like, probs none of my business, but everything groovy, man?"

>Casey would lean over the counter lookin' a little concerned.

>>771662
>Don would bark to get the woman's attention a little.
"Reyyy, can rai relp?"
>Don would be leaning over the counter a little, having that sort of dog-like excitement bursting off him.

| >>771737
"Oh, nothing, my brother just ditched me to go after a girl he's most likely going to dump in a few weeks."

>Valentine sighs, picking up the taco and giving it a try.

| >>771740
"Ah, like, one of my ex girlfriends dumped me for some womanizer, so I know how that feels man."

>Casey paused for a moment, and started to stroke his goatee a little.
"Like, well I kinda do..."

"So, anyway how does it taste, man?"

| >>771737

>The woman paused for a moment, taken aback at the realization that a dog was going to serve her food. She shook her head before approaching.

"Hello, I was interested in trying something from here. I do not recall having ever eaten from a food truck. What do you recommend?

| >>771742
"Rell, ra'am, this ris risn't a normal food truck."

>The dog would prop his head up with one his paws, seeming to have the facsimile of a smile.

"Rit's sort rof a random meal. Reh goal ris to try romething new rith a rold favorite~"

| >>771743
>The dog would swap the paw he was leaning on for a moment.
"Ralthough, re ron't serve you ranything rou're rallergic to, ror just ron't rike...rasiclly, re rave a list rof stuff re can make! Rike a sandwich, taco, rot dog...~"

| >>771742

>Gomi pockets her phone quickly, like she's afraid someone is going to steal it.

"Andy ditched you, to go chase some tail?! I didn't know he was *that* bad. What were you guys planning tonight?"

| >>771744
>The woman gave another nod, tapping her chin with her gloved finger. Then she suddenly snapped, an idea having come to her.

"I would not assume you are available to serve me Taiyaki, but... perhaps I would like something sweet and lightly savory for myself. Chewy in texture with some crispiness. Is that suitable?"

| >>771741
"Tell me about it."

>Valentine rolls her eyes.

"Well it tastes, interesting, I guess. I've never tried worsheshire on tacos before. Not half bad."

>>771746
"I think he's afraid of commitment or something, he keeps telling me he hasn't found 'the one' yet. All he does is going through one-night stands and then break up with whoever want to get serious."

>Valentine sighs.

"We were just gonna go have some drinks together, so it's not that big of a deal."

| >>771747
"Rhmm... ret re see rut Rai can rou~"

>Don would nod a little, sprouting another smile.

"Row, rexcuse me--"

>>771643
"Rello! Refore, rai take rour order, row did rou find ris place?"

| >>771751
"Like, I'd consider that a big deal man, if he made a promise to ya, he should honor it, man."

>Casey went to cross his arms in disapproval.

"Like, if it were me, I'd get her number, then put a pin in that, dude. That shit just ain't groovy man."

| >>771737
>The figure in the cap nods wordlessly, and holds up a hand to acknowledge what Casey's said. Their posture is loose, relaxed-- as if to say, "take your time, I'm not going anywhere."

"..."

>>771752
>Their seemingly laid-back demeanor quickly evaporates as soon as the friendly shepherd behind the counter flashes them a set of gleaming canines, and tries to chat them up for their order. They freeze on the spot, suddenly stiff as a board.

"...?"

| >>771756
>The face they pull is so exaggerated, you'd think that somebody else was... well, pulling it /for/ them. A deep grimace, and perhaps wide eyes darkened by the shadow of their hat's brim.

| >>771751

>Gomi looks annoyed.

"Commitment issues, my ass. Y'know what, Val? I told your brother that he reminded me of my own, and I guess I wasn't far off. He's a bastard that leaves his sister to fend for themselves while he goes to do whatever or *who*ever he wants. It's not a big deal now but what if it is next time?"

| >>771755 >>771758
"Guys, guys, it's not that big of a deal. I just asked him if he wanted to go grab a drink, he said sure. I was just pissed that he's gonna go date somebody again."

>Valentine sighs again.

"He's been trying to leave me and my fiance alone since I've started dating. If it's a serious thing he's a lot kore reliable. Trust me, I know him better than anyone."

| >>771765

>Gomi is still upset, it is apparently; a big deal.

"If he's trying to leave you two alone, where is he now? Right this moment when your fiance isn't around? Flaking on you, for a piss poor attempt at finding "The one" he's never gonna find as long as he's still on his bullshit. I'm sorry Val but this shit don't sit right with me. I thought he was cool!"

>Gomi pulls out her phone with a look of rage in her eyes and opens the caller ID.

| >>771756
>Both Casey & Don laugh at the mysterious and cool stranger.
"Like, yeah man, the dog works here, don't worry about it!"
>Don nodded in reply, wagging his tail, which does confirm to the man that, yes, this is an actual dog.
"Reah, rust try rot to think rabout it~"

| >>771769
"Gomi, I think you're getting something wrong here. Andy's been there for me this entire month, listening to me and helping me. Flaking out on a drink this one time is really not a big deal."

>Valentine replies.

"Look, I appreciate it, but you don't need to get worked up for me, Andrew's a good guy, he's just a bit of a womenizer. Not a role model, but not everybody can be perfect."

| >Yet another person starts over towards the truck. They appear to be a young man with glasses, and wearing a jacket vest over normal clothes. They seem almost confused for a moment, checking their phone, then looking back up and shrugging before making their way up.

"This should be the right place... I should probably wait until they finish with the others first..."

| >>771770
>Unfortunately, the person in the cap remains stymied. What's the deal here? Are they allergic? More of a "cat person"? Their upper lip twitches, and hesitantly, they draw a little closer to the truck.

"Uh..."

>They look as though they're about to start perusing the menu, when Don speaks again. Gritted teeth becomes open-mouthed gawking. There's a minute shake of their head (what, to clear away any disbelief?) before it's cocked towards Casey's business partner.

"...?"

| >>771774

>Gomi now seething uses her phone to impulsively redial Andy and begins yelling so fast and loud you have a hard time making out what she's even saying.

"Andyyoufuckingidiotisgettingyourdickwetreallysoimportantthatyouflakedonyoursister!... please eat shit, this is Gomi by the way."

>Gomi hangs up immediately and takes a deep breath. Still breathing heavily Gomi speaks calmly.

"I'm really sorry Val, I just can't stop myself once I get going. But! I feel better now."

| >As Gomi gives the recipient of her phone call a harsh lambasting, the customer in the baseball cap flinches, and jerks their head her way. Damn! Girl's got some serious pipes. Wonder who it was that pissed her off...

| >>771795
"Okay, I guess I've got a lot of explanation to do later, but that's alright."

>Valentine narrows her eyes, but then shrugs, taking another bite out of her taco.

"Anyways, I wonder who he's sendi-"

>She stops mid-sentence as she turns to look at something, or rather, someone.
>Right on cue, another figure runs onto the scene, then quickly slows down once he's spotted Valentine.

"Rowan!"

>Valentine exclaims, her face seems to light up as she slowly walk up to the man.

| >The man, Rowan, is dressed pretty casually in a gray parka, a shirt, and a pair of ranger green trousers.

"Hey."

>He smiles as he allows the girl to grab him by the arm and pulls him in. Their forehead and nose touch eachother's. Valentine also smiles, but both didn't say anything more for a while as Rowan put his arm around Valentine and hugs her.

| >>771798

>Gomi shrugs.

"Sure, I'm looking forward to hearing about it."

>Gomi watches the couple hug.

"The man's back? huh, You think he might have a bit of a flair for the dramatic?"

| >>771791
>Both Don & Casey look at each other for a moment.
"Like, man you aight?"
>Don goes to squint a little at him, and looks over to Casey, going to whisper low to him.

"Rasey?"
"Yeah, like, what's up?"
"Rai think re's reither reaf for rafraid of dogs."

>Casey gives him a somewhat incredulous look.
"Like, who he could be scared of you, man? Like, I'd be more afraid of my shadow then you."
"Rou are."

| >>771811
>Casey would shift his eyes to the customer, flashing a grin.
"Like, how about I help ya instead? My pal seems to be makin' ya just a little nervous."

>>771776
"Rello! Relcome to Rasey & Ron's~! Rou can rai relp rou"?
>Don seemed just as chipper and excited as any dog seeing bacon. Except this time it meant money to afford bacon. This guy will be how he got his bacon today.

| >>771800
>Neither of them reply, not right away. They had their gaze fixated on each other's eyes. They seems more focused on each other right now, like they forgot there's anybody else on the scene at all.

"I'm sorry I left you in the dark for a month."

>Rowan finally says, brushing Valentine's hair to the side.

"I don't care anymore, you're back now. Everything's gonna be alright, right?"

>She replies. Rowan smiles again.

"Yeah."

| >>771795
>The gloved woman jerks her head around in response to Gomi's tongue lashing, her attention piqued. Perhaps a nice bit of drama was to be gracing her eyes.

>>771799
>Then, when the arrival of what the gloved woman assumes is Valentine's partner the gloved woman rolls her eyes and faces the food truck again, stepping to the side to allow for other customers.

| >Merrily skipping along without a care passed a certain girl with long black hair going down to her waist.
>She had a black long-sleeved shirt that seemed much too large for her with an image of an HK-416 assault rifle printed on the front.
>Along with her shirt, she had a pair of black jeans, partially covered by her shirt.
>Stopping in front of the truck, she tilts her head and stares at the crowd and then the truck.
"Ah~ Found it...~"

| >>771811
>The person in the baseball cap opens their mouth to answer-- but they jam it shut when the pair in front of them start murmuring to one another. They exhale sharply through their nose, frustration rattling the back of their throat.

"..."

>An emphatic shake of their head, before they look over the shoulder at the queue milling about behind them.

">>>HEY !!"

>They pause to lick their lips anxiously.

"Can >>>ANYONE understand what this fuckin' dog's sayin'?!"

| >>771833
>Their twisting and turning gives a better glimpse of their build, and it becomes clear that the person standing in front of them is a woman-- broad shouldered, and somewhat deep voiced-- but, decidedly female.

| >>771818
>>771797

>Gomi stands awkwardly watching the couple's reunion before quickly scanning the area and realizing she'd just made a spectacle of herself. She cringes slightly and laughs to herself before turning away to attack her ice cream in earnest.

| >>771833
>Both Casey & Don exhale quietly as it all starts to make sense between the two of them. They definitely had to replace or fix his voice-chip.

"Rorry, rit's-"
>Casey cuts off Don real quickly.
"Sorry 'bout that man, Don here has a badly broken translator, man. Gives every word an extra R."
"Rit's ralso a Chinese rootleg."
"Yeah, Chinese bootleg!"

>Don goes to scratch behind his ear a little, feeling a little awkward in the conversation.

| "Like, if you still wanna order, I can handle it, if it'll be a little less confusing, man."

>Casey added, trying to make sure the situation doesn't end or continue to be awkward. Besides who is he to turn down business.

| >>771813
>>771833
>The man seems slightly surprised by the dog, but before he can respond, he's startled by the other customer yelling. After a moment, he shrugs it off, and after the duo finishes their explanation, he speaks up.

"Um... Hey, I saw the ad online. I just wanted to order a hot dog. It's been ages since I last had one."

| >A small whistle comes from the girl as she walks up to the truck.

"A little lively here~! I like it, no, in fact, I love it~"

>The top of the girl's head barely reached the counter. She hopped up a little bit to catch a better look at the staff.

| >>771843
"Ren this ris ra wrong place for rou~!"
>The Dog made a giggle into his paw, trying to keep his hilarity to a medium.
"Reah, re do weird food rombos to make reople try romething new rand familiar, so rif rou're lookin' ror nostalgia, ris rain't rit."

| >>771851
>He chuckles at this, shaking his head slightly.

"Then it sounds like I'm at the right place after all. Unless you don't actually serve hot dogs in general."

>He then shrugs with this.

"So, what strange combinations do you have available?"

| >>771839 >>771840
>The woman returns her attention to Casey and Don, her cheeks reddening. She mutters low under her breath, to nobody in particular.

"Decent with English... bad with accents."

| >>771854
"Don't feel too embarrassed man, you're not the first one to have trouble understandin' him."
>Casey flashed a ressauring grin to her, Don followed thinking about the few other times stuff like that happened.

>>771852
"Rell, rit's ralways a random combo, so re can rust throw somethin' rawesome together ror ra."

>Don would place both his arms in the counter, as he checked his mental customer service script for a second.

| >>771852
"Ris reir ranything rou're rallergic to or rust ron't like?"
>Don finally asks after a think, feeling a little sheepish it sailed over.

| >>771863
>He thinks for a moment, then shakes his head.
"I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. And the only thing I really dislike is ranch or anything similar to it. So other than that, should be free reign. You certainly have me curious now."

| >>771840 >>771862
>The woman nods, and shows the owners of this eclectic eating establishment an apologetic look-- or, at least, you think that's what it is. It's hard to tell remorse from displeasure when someone's eyes are half obscured. She clears her throat awkwardly, and jams her hands into the pockets of her jeans.

"Heard 'bout you on the 'net... bacon hot dogs, 'n stuff...,"

>She shrugs.

"Came t'check it out."

| >The couple, Rowan and Valentine, was spellbound. They shares a deep intimate kiss for a short while.

"Why do I taste... woscestershire sauce?"

>Rowan comments.

"Hmm, oh."

>Valentine says, chuckling a little as she gesture towards the plate of half-eaten taco.

"Bloody hell, I'm so going to murder that bastard brother of yours when we got back."

>Rowan says disapprovingly, but Valentine smile and put her arms around him again.

"Leave him."

>She says, kissing him again.

| >Another person arrives on the scene.
>A tiny Oni with red eyes and cream colored hair, swimming within an oversized GCPD patrol cloak, two large horns with red tips adorn her forehead.
>She sniffs around, lured by the smell of food in the air.
"Hey!"
>She makes her presence known

| >>771873
>Casey immediately threw his hands in the air and gave a very loud resounding WOOO! While Don just slapped a paw to over his eyes.
"Like, that is one Hot Cheetos, Kibble and Cream Cheese Bagel for Don, man!"
"ROD RAMMIT!"
"Like, you need a side of shame with that?"

>Casey would erupt into laughter, while Don just kind of buried his face into the table a little, while Casey remembered they had customers.

| >>771879
>... Shit; now the /other/ one's speaking in tongues-- or, in some kind of code, maybe? A menu full of euphemisms... She stares, bewildered.

"...?"

>What joke is she missing? Her gaze drifts left, then right. Fingertips trace the data ports on the back of her neck.

"..."

>They're bare. She covers them with her palm, and lets her hand rest there. Maybe, she shouldn't have left them exposed.

"... Uh..."

| >>771883
"Like, sorry man, pffthahaha... we had a bet earlier over wether or not my ad was gonna work, man."

>Casey coughed a little trying to calm himself, while Don got to work on making some hot dogs for another customer.

"So, anyway, do you want something like you heard about in the ad man? We make some groovy bacon-wrapped hot dogs man!"

>While they were talking, Casey made eye-contact with the other customers he hadn't attended to, giving a sort of "Hold on" gesture.

| >>771884
>The Pipsqueak oni seems to notice the gesture, she pouts at the thought of having to wait but still assumes a place in line quietly.

| >>771884
>Casey's mention of one of the seemingly /least/ offensive food sins the truck has to offer mercifully halts the woman's racing thoughts. Her expression becomes one of intrigue.

"Mmn..."

>Decisions, decisions... she hums quietly as she ponders what to request of the pair.

"Uh... ever had... corn 'n mayo pizza...?"

>... Excuse me?

| >>771886
>Casey grew a massive smile. The kinda smile from finding one of your own.

"Like man, that's one of my favorite combos! Me & Don usually bake a few of those when we get company over!"

| >>771874 >>771837
>It takes a bit, but they snap out of it. Eventually, they broke away from the kiss, and Valentine turns to introduce Gomi to her fiance.

"Oh, and this is Gomi. She met Andy in the Beefeater the night you proposed."

>She says. Impulse nods and turns to Gomi as well.

"Good day, I'm Fields, Rowan Fields. Also goes by Impulse."

>Rowan introduces himself. He speaks in the same posh accent as Valentine, although his is a little more present.

| >>771877
>Hearing the small but fierce 'Hey' caused the gloved woman to turn and glance at the oni. She recognized them from the Capsule bar, but didn't think it prudent to initiate any social contact.

>She quietly muttered the word 'Pipsqueak' under her breath, as if attempting to remember the word.

| >>771957

>Gomi startles and turns around. Now red in the face with a mouth absolutely full of ice cream, she swallows it all and immediately gets hit with a wave of severe brain freeze.

"Guhhhh, ow, ow!"

>Gomi wipes her hand against her pant leg and offers up a handshake.

"H-hey Rowan, Gomi. just--uhh Gomi. Grats to the both of you. I saw your stunt back at the Beefeater, you gotta respect it."

"Can't really say the same about Andy right now though."

| >>771972
"Curious."

>Rowan comments. He cocks his brow a little at the mention of Andrew. He continues.

"He's quite a likable lad, well, until he dates somebody. Did he... ask you out then broke up?"

| >>771864
"Rere rou go!"
>Don placed the strange hot dog combo on the counter to offer to the young man.
"Ris Ras pulled pork, Roritos, BBQ rand Racon~! Rit ralso comes rif fries~"

| >>772120

>Gomi recoils in disgust.

"Me?! Date him?! Please. The fact you've only been outta town for a month and think we've already dated and broken up says enough."

"And...Likeable, huh? I used to agree, but now I think he's the kinda guy that breaks promises. The kinda guy that'll just disappear and leave you alone forever in this bitch of a city."

>Gomi slams her fist against the side of her bike and begins choking back tears.

"Val's got you, Rowan. What do I have?"

| >>771887
>The woman in the cap, pleasantly surprised by this development, leans back as if impressed.

"No shit?"

>That's certainly not a topping combo you're likely to find over here-- which is why she's made this special effort to seek it out.

"Got anythin' like that? Or..."

>She pulls a phone from her pocket, and opens an app, only to scroll frantically through it's feed until she finds what she wants. With a flourish, she turns the screen towards Casey and Don.

| >>772219
"Like >>>this?"

>An absolute abomination of a sandwich is the focus of the post she's chosen to further describe her preferred cuisine: a chicken cutlet (fresh from the konbini warmer) wedged in the center of a store-bought egg salad sandwich. Someone in the comments has one-upped the OP by using each neatly cut, pre-packaged sandwich half like a piece of bread to cradle the crispy karaage.

| >>772219
>Casey seemed to rub the back of his neck a little, as he thought about it.
"Well... like me & Don have never actually made Pizza back here, man."

>Casey continued to mull it over, the woman in the baseball cap really feeling the silence.

"Eh, why not? Like, it's on the house, man."

>Casey paused thinking back on his wording a little.

"Like, I guess it's really on the truck!"

>Casey and even Don started laughing a little at the stupid, yet fun joke.

| >>772222
"Like, I'll even throw in the sandwich with it, man."

>Casey gave a smile to the customer, before gesturing to his co-worker to get onto making the sandwich, to which he nodded.

"Like, just consider it as a sort of apology from me to Don for the earlier confusion, man!"

| >>772197
"You alright, mate?"

>Rowan looks at Gomi curiously.

"Did something happen? Did you get abandonned? You can tell me."

|

| >>772225

>Gomi slaps both of her cheeks and clenches her fists.

"Yes! I'm fine! I'm fine."

>She crosses her arms and won't look anybody in the eye.

"All I had was my stupid brother. He said we were a team; that even if we were the trash the rest of the world threw out, we'd still have each other."

"Of course now I know, it was all bullshit. It's been seven years. No goodbyes, no hellos. Just me and my trash."

| >>772223 >>772224
"Uh, nah-- y'don't gotta--"

>The woman's initial look of amazement gives way to slight fluster-- refusal is simply out of the question, but readily accepting a freebie this huge just doesn't sit right with her. She gestures to the customers behind her who have already been served.

"Look, >>>they gotta pay;>>>I gotta pay; 'n..."

>She folds her arms across her chest as she states this matter-of-factly.

"... No... screw-up or whatever y'gotta make up for, omae."

| >>772227
"Oh, Gomi, I'm sorry to hear that."

>Valentine says, slowly walking closer to Gomi. She wraps her arms around Gomi's figure and gently pats Gomi's hair.

>"It's okay, you can have us too. We can be friends."

>She gently whispers into Gomi ears.

| >>772164
>He reaches and takes the hot dog, handing over cash to pay for it.
"That... Actually sounds really good, thank you very much."

| >A tall albino woman wearing a red bomber jacket and tight white jeans makes her way to the truck, a half smile adorning her beautiful face.
>She seemed frail, her pale tone reminiscent of those who most often suffer from illness, but her greyish blue eyes, large and slanted, evoked a certain strenght of character only found in the most resolute few.
>Anyone who knew her would easily recognize Falschen.

| >>772231

>Gomi accepts the hug but allows her arms to relax to her side, and replies struggling to speak

"Thanks Val, and tell Andy I'm sorry. But it still wouldn't hurt for him to be a bit more considerate y'know?"

"And if I ever see my idiot brother again, I'm gonna slug him twice as hard, for all of us."

| >>772228
"Like, how about this then, you pay for the sandwich, and the Pizza is on me, man."

>Casey crosses his arms, while keeping his grin up. He was either stupid or stubborn, but it didn't seem like he'd budge on it.

"Like, my only request is that we get a few slices of the pizza, man."

| >>771885
"Rello!"
>The Oni would look over to see the endlessly cheerful dog attempting to Garner her attention, to take her order.
"Rere's ror rarents?"
>Bad Move, Don. Might wanna go back a few turns, try and rethink that shit.

| >>772296
"Of course."

>Valentine relaxes her arm around Gomi and eventually releases Gomi from the hug.

"Now, Row, are you hungry?"

>She says, turning to her fiancé. The man nods.

"Yeah, I ran straight here from Little Sanct. Didn't get a chance to grab lunch, what do they serve here? Apart from that."

>Rowan nods at the taco.

"This is actually decent, thank you very much."

>Valentine picks it up and takes another bite

"I'm worried about what Andy's been feeding you."

|

| >Leaving the Courthouse, John adjusts his tie, and fishes out a smoke out of his suit pocket, tucking it behind his ear for later, as he walks up to the food truck looking at the menu.

| >Meanwhile, Valentine manages to drag Rowan to the truck. She waves at the two vendors.

"Hey, can I get something for my man over here?"

>She says, gesturing towards Rowan besides her.

"Preferably something not soaked in woscestershire. Maybe a sandwich?"

>Rowan adds.

| >>772596
"Like, yeah man, either me or Don'll get that to ya in a jiffy!"
>Casey replied, turning his attention from his main customer at the moment to Rowan.
"Like, before I start makin' that though, any allergies or plain dislikes?"

| >It was then, that a 5'2" Female Lilim who had short red-hair which she had kept in place with a singular pin would approach the food truck. She wore sunglasses, a red blazer jacket, a white V-Neck, a pair of Umbre cargo pants, with military boots. She looked a little familiar to some, but it could never quite be placed. That was the story of her life anyhow.

| >>772604
"Ay, chef, can I get a meat patty between two buns?"

>John tries to get Casey's attention, for his simple order.

| >>772621
"Yeah man, no problem! I can get that for you, man!"
>Casey would reply, laughing to his companion for a moment before he goes to handle a few of the customers orders, while still keeping his at-ten-tion on his current customer.
"Pfft... simple Meat Patty."
>Don laughed to him in response.

| >>772604
"Not... particularly, but do me a favour and try not to get too freaky with it, eh?"

>Rowan replies.

| >>772676
"Like, what constitutes as top freaky, man?"
>Casey asks, as he flips a burger real quick.

| >>772678
"Say, let's not mix sweet with savoury. I don't want ice cream mixed in with blood sausages, drenched in ketchup, all in a sandwich."

>Rowan replies, crossing his arm.

| >>772718
>Casey gives some thought into what he said, really weighing it's meaning.

"Like, I think I can do "Not Too Freaky", man! You just hold on for that real quick!"
>Casey went to write down Impulse's order, in a small notepad, as well as everyone else's because they were getting swamped today.

| >Right around that time, another man showed up just behind the Lilim in line, he wore the hood of his hoodie up over his face, which shadowed some of his features, but if one really looked they could see the man hadn't shaved in a few days, and his hair had started to stop at his shoulders. He also wore a pair of jeans, with some simple sandals.

>He seemed to be rather out of it, if not excited. Perhaps it was the thought of a good meal? Dude, did look like he could use a shower.

| >>772739
"Brilliant then."

>Rowan replies back, before turning back to Valentine, who's finished with her taco and continues working on the fries. Rowan raises a disapproving eyebrow.

"What? It's really not that bad. You're just overreacting!"

>Valentine says. Rowan sighs, and nicks a piece of fries from her plate and tries to eat it.

"Hey!"

>Valentine calls out, as she practically lunges for it, eating it right out of Rowan's hand.

"I'm hungry too, get your own fries."

| >>772657
"Maybe the craziest thing is to not choose at all."

>John shrugs as he pulls his ciggarette from behind his ear, and lights it.

| >>771969
>Don, deciding the Oni is going to take a minute to order, he shifts to the poor Gloved Woman, constantly ignored.
"Rello, rorry rabout re rait! Rhat would you rike?"

| >>772782
>Rowan looks at his significant other, amused.

"Bloody hell, could've bitten my finger off. How hungry are you?"

>He says. Valentine grins, eating another piece of fries before replying.

"Really hungry, so stay away from my fries."

>Rowan moves in closer and throws his arm around her side.

"Come on, just a few?"

>Valentine sighs, but still smiling, she replies;

"Fine, come here, I'll feed you or you're gonna eat it all."

| >>772823

>The woman raised her brow slightly perturbed at having been asked what she wanted for the second time.

"...As I had said before, something chewy with a light crispness to it. Sweet and savory. I think ordering specifics here would be a faux pas, wouldn't it?"

>She rubbed the back of her head, sighing as the metal port on the back of her head started to itch again.

| >>773096
"Rorry rabout rhat! Rai ractually rave it ready for rou."
>Don would turn around and place the dish on the table. The dish it's self, sounded terrible on paper, but looked massively delicious.

"Ris is a Racon Burger, rith Reanut Butter, Romato, Rettuce, rand Ramerican Cheese~!"

"Like, man that one is the bomb!"
>Casey gestured to the sandwich with delight.
"Like, me and Don actually got the idea for that one from this burger place in Australia, man!"

| >The Crimson Lilim, would approach the Food Truck, where Casey was finishing up Rowan's sandwich, which he had placed on the counter.

>>772782
"Like, this is one Egg BLT! Like, it's not too crazy, but basically I toasted the bread, and cooked into an egg, then I put in Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo! Also, there's a secret ingredient, but I'll let you figure it out man!"

"... Sir."

>Casey would look over to the sound, where the Crimson Lilim stood, for a moment.

| >>773420
"I'd like a sandwich."
>The Lilim seemed rather impatient... as though she needed to be elsewhere, but yet, as if that same place she needed to be was here. Perhaps fear?

"Like, can I get a name with that, dude?"

"Aurora."
>The Lilim replied, without thinking about it once. She recoiled as soon as she said that, trying to back pedal, when she felt a familiar feeling, and she heard a click. Behind her, stood the hooded man, holding a gun.

"Hello Honey."

| >>773422
"Yikes!"
>Casey jumped back, which proved to be a unwise decision, as he bumped into the frier behind him.
"Roh shit!"
>Don seemed a little alarmed, yet somehow more alert, and less afraid then his partner.

| >>773422

>Tierra had stepped away from the window with her burger, staring at it contemplatively when she heard the commotion in front of her. The metallic click was all too familiar to her ears, but for once it wasn't directed towards her.

>She stared at the scene in front of her, decidedly unsure what to do despite the fact the man's back was turned to her. Burger in hand, no weapon and no hardsuit. This certainly wasn't the retirement she expected.

| "Do you remember me, "Dorothy?"
>Aurora would flinch. Of course she did, how couldn't she? He was her last payday. He's also still, a total idiot.
"Couldn't get a new upgrade so soon after you left?"

"Couldn't figure out how to operate a gun, honey~?"
>The Hooded Man, nearly had a moment of panic in that, taking a small moment to try and figure out the gun.

"Rou, rotta rull the slide."
"Don! Like, don't HELP the crazed killer!"
"Rit'll be rover raster!"

| >>773487

>Taking a breath, Tierra wound her arm up and threw her newly acquired burger straight into the hooded man's head. She'd get another one later, maybe.

>Right after the burger left her fingers, the woman rushed forward to ram into the man with one of her shoulders.

| >>773420
"Cheers, mate."

>Rowan pays for the food, and as he was about to bite into the sandwich, he heard the click.

>"Are you serious?"

>Rowan groans as he drops the BLT and reaches under his jacket to pull out a pistol.

"Alright, drop it. Don't make this messy now."

>Valentine was quick as well, pulling out another pistol from a concealed holster. She also taps a button her earpiece two time before also pointing the pistol at the assailant.

| >>773488
"What the-FUCK!"
>The Man stumbles back, barely grabbing hold of his stance, his hood lifting off showing a scruffy brunette of a man, who was recognizable to some, but just barely. He move out of the way of the woman, as he pulls the slide on the gun, and tries to refocus on Aurora, who seemed a little smug.

>>773491
"Hell no! This bitch-"
>He'd wave his gun over at her, that he clearly didn't know how to use.
"Broke my heart, stole my money, and SHOT ME!"

| >>773488
>>773491
>Casey looked with longing and mild disappointment at the fact his masterpieces were discarded on the floor, but then it returned to the tension and stress of the situation.

| >Chanka, having moved onto the liminal space that is "I forgot I was here" watches as the banger pulls out his gun and screams.
>She instantly looks around.
>She quickly spots valentine with her gun and groans, great.
>Seeing Tierra's display follow, she instead moves to grab the target of the man's attention and get her to cover
"YOU THERE, LILIM, GET DOWN OR I'LL MAKE YOU GET DOWN MYSELF"
>She screams out, waving her tiny arms around.
>She waits to see how things go with Tierra.

| >>773493
"Oh, if you don't drop that fucking gun right now and put your hands up I swear you will be more than just shot."

>Rowan said in a very cold tone, pistol aimed right at the hooded man.

| >>773493

>Tierra quickly slows herself, skidding to a halt before turning sharply only to see two of the other customers having pulled guns on the first one. She paused and then stood up straight. She didn't have a gun and they did, her job was done.

>She rubbed the back of her head, suddenly appearing relaxed as she rubbed the back of her head again.

| >Chanka sees Tierra miss her tackle and clicks her tongue
>Now she has to deal with an idiot still holding a gun, and two civvies pointing guns at said idiot.
>She just wanted ice-cream man...
>Chanka's eyes flare up as she jumps forward towards "the man", going in for a straight punch to the knee, no way she can reach anywhere else anyway.

| >>773497
"I dunno, I'm enjoying the Mexican standoff a little."
>Aurora would lean up against the Food Truck, seeming extremely unphased.

>>773498
>The man swore holding his knee a little as he tried to step away from the midget. This wasn't working, and his "plan" backfired, maybe he should try and soothe the situation.

"Look, just let me shoot her, and you can dump me in the Flooded District, and come back in time for tacos!"
>Yeah, that doesn't sound crazy.

| >>773502

>Seeing the major opening up engagement with the armed man emboldened Tierra. She opted to join in and rushed back over. She leapt and twisted into the air, attempting to express overnight deliver her heel into his head.

>She also inwardly complained to herself about how long it's been since she's attempted this without a hard suit.

| >>773502
"I said. >Drop. The. Fucking. Gun."

>Rowan continues.

| >>773504
"WhoAASHIT!"
>The man, nearly tripped and fell on his ass, the gun firing and hitting the food truck, nearly hitting Aurora who was hella surprised it was a close.
>>773505
"Okay OKAY FINE! I'll drop the gun!"

>Oh, finally, he's coming back to reality.
"... If you shoot her for me."
>Now we're in fucking Candyland during the 1987 War with Neverland.

|
"He doesn't think that's gonna work, right?"
>Aurora asks with a light giggle at the end. While Casey looks incredulously at her.
"Like, man, he's tryna kill you!"

| >>773502
>The midget's punch packs well... quite the punch.
>She leans back a bit after hitting the man and her bright red eyes look at you
"How about this, you get down, drop your gun and I'll get her down to the station too? Deal?"
>She then looks around
"This is the GCPD! drop every single weapons here or i'm taking everyone in!"

| >>773508
>Rowan nods, slowly unloading his pistol and drop it on the ground. Valentine follows suit. She yaps her earpiece again.

"Fletcher, stand by, it's under control."

| >>773506

>Tierra's foot hits the ground with a metallic *THUNK* as minor cracks form in the concrete. She recovers from the kick and bounces on the balls of her feet, ready to throw hands.

>>773508

"Oh, the problem is solved, then."

>Tierra relaxes, her arms dropping to her sides.

| >>773508
"Like, do the kitchen knives count?"
>Don gave Casey a look.
"Rime rand a race, Rasey. Rime rand a race."

>The man just tossed his gun, and happily got on the floor.
"This has got to be best and stupidest anybody has ever caught a con-aritst~!"

>It was then, that Aurora picked up the gun quickly, the situation changing out of her favor. She seemed to have way more confidence in the situation.
"Hell no!"

"FUCK!"
>The Man yelled as he slammed his fist into the concrete.

| >>773514
"Cunt."

>Rowan curses. Valentine sighs, raising her hands up. She mumbles something under her breath.

| >>773514
>Chanka flips around and stares at Aurora
"Lady. Drop the gun or I will use lethal force. Be ready to have your cloud save trained if I do"
>She growls at Aurora, her eyes glowing a menacing red.

| >>773518
>>773516
"Aurora keep holding the gun!"
>The man replied to the crazy Lilim with the gun. Said Lilim just laughed at him.
"Oh, shut up! Like, some pipsqueak cop is gonna even land a hit!"

| >Gomi, so engrossed with whatever game she was playing on her phone now realizes there's someone holding someone at gunpoint in the parking lot

"What the ever loving fuck is going on? Val and Rowan are over there, I gotta do something..."

>After a brief moment of thinking, she reaches over and presses a button on her motorcycle which causes the loud blast of an airhorn to ring through the air.

| >>773522
"If she don't, somebody else will."

>Rowan replies, his tone more annoyed than intermidated.

"You don't want to find out who."

| >>773522
>Chanka bolts forward as fast as her augmented body can handle, without even uttering a word she attempts to strike the lilim, her fist now more akin to a truck than any human appendage will ever be.

| >>773528
>Aurora would stop as she sees that speed, and steps back a little dropping the gun, and holding her hands up in the air.
"Whoa-whoa-whoa! Okay, I know when I'm had, ain't no way I'm taking that ankle-biter."

| >>773652

>Once again, upon seeing the situation having been handled Tierra relaxed. This time, however, she decided to act and walked forwards and placed her foot firmly on the firearm.

>Tierra glanced down at the man on the ground, her eyes flashing for a moment before shifting her gaze to Aurora as her eyes flashed a second time.

>Lastly, she looked over at the food truck and raised a gloved hand.

"...Could I get my order again? I didn't get to try it."

| >>773658
>Casey seemed focused on the situation, that he forgot he was runnin' a business.
"Huh? Oh! Like, yeah no problem man! Don, that's another Peanut Butter Burger comin' right up!"
"Ralright!"

| >>773652
"That was anti-climactic."

>Rowan sighs, picking his pistol back up. He loads it, puts it on safe, then holster it.

>Valentine mumbles something else under her breath as she follows suit.

| >>773652
>Chanka's fist stops mere inches before the lilim's body, a gust of wind pushing past her
>Chanka nods
"Smart choice"
>She takes out a comm deck and presses a button on it, before returning it to her pocket
"So, you there, guy"
>She points to the former owner of the gun
"Get up here"
>She then points to Rowan's group
"I'll ignore the weapons for today, but next time something like this happens, don't be too trigger happy, understood?"
>She warns with her eyes half closed.

| >>773725

>Tierra waved to Chanka before gesturing to the gun underneath her foot.

"I shall stand here as long as you need, do I need to remain here to answer questions and give a statement?

| >>773726
>Chanka sighs and shrugs
"For good measures, sure, glad to see someone with common sense around here"
>The tiny oni seems tired
"Everyone just runs away when I try to get a statement, and station blames me when I go after them..."
>She starts mumbling angrily, she's not loud enough to be heard properly

| >>773727

>Tierra nodded affirmatively to Chanka before sighing and scratching the back of her head again.

"Then I shall wait, it is not the first time I have had to stick around and answer questions. It was a common occurrence for me in New Osaka."

>She glanced towards the food truck and waited on her order. She decided that no matter what the owners said, she would pay for the food.

| >>773725

| >>773725
"Noted, major."

>Rowan replies with a grin as well as an informal salute.

"Now, as much as I would love to stay here and give a statement. I'm rather busy currently."

>He continues as he takes Valentine's hand and slowly makes his way out.

"Good day, Major."

>Valentine also turns to Gomi.

"See you later, Gomi."

| >>773725
"Oh, really?"
>The man seemed really surprised by that action, almost jovial about it.
"I was honestly fine with going to jail, if it meant getting rid of her."

>Aurora seems rather unhappy about the whole affair, as she glared at the man intensely.
"Dammit... I just wanted some grub... and I would have gotten it too! If it wasn't for your meddling Motherfuckin' pathetic ass!"

| >>773737
>Gomi takes a deep breath and takes a little time to digest what had happened.

"Later, Val! Good luck to you two!"

>Gomi hops back on her motorcycle and drives off

Total number of posts: 157, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1626921043

This thread is permanently archived