danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Relief Zone, Subway station-12th street

| >Within the southern side of Glitz was the 12th street's subway station, one of the biggest of its type within the district, and one that would normally be taking in drunkards on their way back home after a long night of clubbing and gambling had been completely overrun by police forces and medical staff in the wake of the Glitz incident occuring.
>hundred of hospital beds had been laid down, most of them being occupied by people suffering from the EMP strike performed by NDsec

| >In the middle of it all, a small command center had been established, and within it Corp private forces, Ex-white knights and GCPD troops were rallied around a table, talking over radios and trying to maintain even a shred of order amidst all the chaos.
>Forwarding the effort was Major Talia Chanka of the GCPD, who had a rare pensive look on her face.

>Her subordinates were calling others, but it was clear they would be short on staff within the next minutes. Trouble was brewing.

| >Nestled among the support staff, ambulances, and other EMS-type transports are unmarked, considerably bulkier looking vans with tinted glass. They willingly park alongside the police craft without so much as being bothered.

| >>652735
>Officers from the jinston branch moved out of the station, providing helping hands to the officers who had just arrived and to explain the general states of affair.

>Chanka also walked out, hoping to spot the marks indicative of a higher ranked officer being present. Although she couldn't deny it was mostly to take some heat off her small shoulders.

| >>652740

>Seeing you, a couple lost looking officers pop out of a floating levicar before it even touches the ground! One of them is wearing an ill fitting GCPD uniform, which looks a couple sizes too large for them. Underneath this uniform, they wear a load bearing vest and a short leather coat with belts streaming off of it, along with a riot facemask over their head.

>One of the young officers (and they must be, given how short they are) runs up to you, saluting awkwardly!

"O-officer Grani reporting for duty!" >They say, carrying a large folded metal rod with a blade attached on their back.

"Are you the commanding officer?"

| >>652742
>Chanka looks at the odd fitting clothes of the troops that had just arrived "More budget cuts huh?" she thought to herself before nodding to Officer Grani
"At ease, officer! We got a lot of work to do here, bring those who can fit inside the station and prepare for trouble!"
>The 135cm tall Oni does her best to muster what she assumes is the image of a responsible officer.
"The rest of your troops can stay outside and establish a perimeter around the block!"

| >>652747

>The officer salutes smartly.

"Roger, commander!" >They say before heading off toward the crowd of refugees.

>Meanwhile, you see one of the blacked out armored vans open up, and... wait.

>Are those hazmat suits?

| > A tall woman is spotted carrying two Lilim shells, all of them seemingly lifeless or paralysed, but not completely dead. Her breath is paced, despite carrying the bulk of the two body's weight.

"Assistance needed!"

> She gave a holler towards those in the zone, all of her arms full. Dirt and sweat has dirtied much of her formal business apparel, same for her brunette hair, now peppered with bits of dust and smoke.

| >>652750
>Chanka juts her chin towards the hazmat clad troopers
"Officer Grani, you know anything about the BCD deploying along? We didnt report any Chem weapons yet"
>Chanka asks the Officer next to her as she walks back to the command center

| >>652752
>A tall man wearing an AUCR shirt and slacks spots the woman, his unkept hair swaying along as he runs to assist her
"Oi, some help over here! get some DARPA folks to assist with Lilims!"
>He offers a hand to relieve you of one of the lilim's bodies

| >>652753

>Grani stops in her tracks and waits for you to approach before falling in step as you both head back to the command center.

"B-BCD?" >She thinks then shakes her head.

"I'm sorry commander, I actually just got in today... er... well,"

>She pokes her fingers together.

"I actually submitted my application last month, but by the time I made it to Glitch City, they still hadn't approved it yet. And then I got a phone call an hour ago, saying I needed to head in immediately, so..."

| >>652760
"If you don't know, that's fine, This'll be your baptism by fire then"
>Chanka says, re-adjusting the berret atop her head
"We're going to need you learn quickly though, what was your prior affiliation? any strenghts you want us to know? any preffered jobs or work to assist?"
>She flags down an armored trooper wearing White knight armor, who salutes as she does
"YOU GO HELP OUT THE TROOPS OUTSIDE CPT.TRENCH"
>The armored man rushes out and Chanka faces Grani again
"So?"

| >>652758
"There's more! A group is paralysed, twelve o'clock from here—!"

> She let loose of the shell. The Lilim in question is of a young body, no clue for their mental age, but neither of that matters as the woman takes a new deep breath.

"I'll scram, if you have any personnel to handle more. None of them seem damaged, or injured, or have been tampered. I plan to keep it that way."

| >>652771
"I'll come with you lass, it's not safe alone out there, and we can carry a bunch more with more people"
>The man hands off the body to a scientist looking female officer behind him, before lazily taking out his radio and activating it
"This is Sargeant Markusson, paging to Commanding officer Sabrovoyvsky, we got a civilian with info on downed lilim, follow my GPS signal and haul ass"

| >>652767

>Grani bows and scratches her hair and... are those animal ears? Ruefully.

"Well, I'm technically still employed elsewhere, but..." >She suddenly straightens up!

"Formerly Victorian Mounted Police, two years. Currently... private security, Rhodes Island Pharmaceutical Company."

"I-I may be short but I can handle anything you throw at me, s-sir!"

| >>652775
"There are about six in the group, eight with those I carried."

> She mentally counts, closing her eyes. Despite looking panicked, her voice shows no sign of wavering. No sign of fear.

"I'm part of WhiteLightning volunteer group. Please let me know if there are anything needing retrieval, after we're done with this--"

| >More of the armored vehicles begin to open up as people wearing bright yellow hazmat gear slowly set up equipment. A few of them are also suiting up in more traditional military equipment- ceramic armor and the like- and a couple are discreetly moving about the other officers and staging area, carrying a large, camera-like device attached to a dataslate. They seem to be "scanning" the area.

| >>652783
>Chanka racks her brain, trying to find out where she had heard that name before, but gave up halfway through, she couldn't let it show though.
"Pharmaceuticals huh? So you probably have experience helping people. Good, this'll be useful here. Sorry for treating you like a greenie there Officer, I happen to be a bit on edge."
>She enters the command center, and shows Grani to the table on which a large holographic map of the district is unfolded

| >>652784
>Cid has never heard of WL, but he assumes it's some PMC or other, at this point help could be coming from Adolf himself and he'd accept it to be honest
"Good, let's move out, a superior of mine will group up on us as we go, she has about 12 agents in her thrall, so we'll have plenty of room"

| >>652791

"No offense taken sir!"

>Grani nods excitedly as you lead them over to the table and pores over its contents.

| >>652794
"Right now we just deployed down south end, we have groups moving into the city but ever since the EMP hit, cars and hoverdrives have been stalled and left dead in the street, which means we can't move easily amidst the district"
>Chanka points to the major intersections of the district, using a stick to point and a stool to bolster her height.
"We're having AUCR deploy some Magnetrine mobile vehicules, but they're understaffed themselves, and late to the party"

| >>652797
"Your job will be to help along side those that get deployed in the MMVs and retrieve anyone who's injured or stuck anywhere. Prioritize those that are really hurt over those that can walk or otherwise act normally. if you find anyone who fits both those criteria, just point them our way and have someone accompany them. Give priority to anyone bleeding or unconcious"
>Chanka says, loudly, but then approaches Grani's ear

| >>652793
> The woman nods. She is ready to sprint again, if need be, but with a larger group her stroll will have to set in a slower pace.

"I'll lead. Do we have backup in case things go south?"

| >>652799
>"And watch out for the force as well, they're some bad rumorts going around"
>she pulls back and claps her hands
"Any questions officer?"

| >>652800
"We don't got hands to spare saddly, so let's hope all goes well"
>Cid Markusson says, showing a half smile as sweat drops down his forehead
"lead on!"

| >>652797 >>652799 >>652802

>Grani listens intently and nods solemnly, before saying out loud:

"No questions sir! I'll do my best!"

| >>652811
>Chanka also nods and releases some of the tension in her shoulders, it was hard being this high ranked in high risk situation, she wished with all her heart that Columbo hadn't set that promotion up for her.
>She sighs and flicks some of her sweaty golden locks out of her eyes
"By the way Officer... do all Rhodes island officers wear pants like yours?"
>She asks suddenly, seemingly worried

| >>652816

>Upon drawing attention to her pants... which, er, appear to have cutouts on the outer thighs, the officer blushes immensely and tries to cover herself with her oversized uniform.

"Ehehe er, no- sorry, uh, this shirt's all they had available when I ran to the precinct, so..."

| >A young man in a blue trenchcoat arrives, carrying a large black and blue deck on his back, and an over the shoulder bag in hand. He approaches from outside the district to the command center, approaching a random GCPD member
"Excuse me, I looking for Major Chanka?"

| >>652822
"It's the 5th month, but it's still quite cold officer, be careful!"
>Chanka says, nodding to herself as she walks towards the AUCR liasion officer
"Update me on the status of these MMVs!"
"Aye sir!"

| >>652804
> Hearing those words, she turns and moves to the designated spot. A spot that, hardly counts to be far, but can't be categorised as a short trip either.

> The rush of determination made the woman walk faster, even if the definition of 'faster' can cause her act to be classified more as a 'light jog'.

| >>652827
The GCPD officer working the cordon looks at you oddly before moving the cordon aside and letting you in, his face is unseen beneath the full visor of his helmet
"We were waiting for you, We let you through"
>There's something odd about his speech

| >>652833
"...Thank you."
>CN walks forward through the cordon, taking a look at the situation in the station as he searches for Major Chanka.

| >>652847
>The situation in one word could be described as total and utter chaos... yet it seems some order was established to keep pandemonium at bay. soldiers, officers, and volunteers all moving in relative order as the command center dishes out instructions to all beneath. This speaks not only of the experience of those in charge but also the ones beneath.
>An officer stops CN and salutes
"You are CN, right?"
>He asks

| >>652852
"Um... yes."
>He nods in admittance, weary how so many of them are recognizing him.
"Do you happen to know where Major Chanka is?"

| >>652858
>The officer nods to you and smiles
"I'm sorry for calling you out like that, you may not remember... but I was at the airport on that day, but I never got to meet you in person for the help, however inadvertently you provided it"
>He points to a large door with curtains hiding what's inside
"This is where she is, I'll go back to work, you help the major out"
>He salutes to you again and runs off into the self made hospital section

| >>652866
"Thank you..."
>He seems confused by the praise, but wont look a gift horse in the mouth as he heads through the large door.

| >>652874
>As you enter the command room, you spot a familiar looking Oni peering over a large man's arm, they seem to be trying to talk on some kind of Ham radio.
>Chanka feels your gaze and turns around
"Ah! it's the wizard man!"
>She proclaims loudly
"What are you doing here?"
>She taps the man's back and walks to meet you

| >>652882
"Hello Major Chanka, a-and like I said my name is CN."
>He sighs
"Well long story short, I'm here to help and make my way in the district, what else?"

| >A couple of weirdos approach one of the officers outside, both wearing white coats. One of them is a woman with raven hair, and the other one is a gold-plated lilim.
>The woman speaking in a very fast and excited way.
"Hey there, Mister Officer! Sooo, about this mess... Do you need a hand with this mess? Because, you know, we happen to be doctors that have looots of looots of free time these days and we LOOOVE DEALING WITH THESE KIND OF MESS, DON'T WE? FERDINAND, DON'T WE?"

| >>652887
>As the woman giggles like a child, the lilim steps in.
"No, Polly. We don't. Sir, we were wondering if you needed help, and if we could volunteer to help and assist you medical personnel. Polly is a pharmacist and an anesthesiologist, while I am a surgeon. Is it possible to lend you a hand?"

| >>652885
>Chanka starts to fiddle with her horns
"Ah, right, CN it is then, We're thankful for the offer... I hear you have quite the experiences under your belt, Mother Douji was saying you could prove useful"
>Chanka looks around and closes her eyes, thinking about what kind of job to give the renowed decker
"First, let's exchange some info, come with me"
>She hollers to CN, Grani, and another Officer
"Follow me you lot!"

| >>652888
>The officer with a facemask looks over the two weirdos that just showed up.
"Any affiliation I need to know? I'll contact Lieutenant Firamis and have him make the call after I've got that info"

| >>652896
"Right."
>CN nods, following her lead.

| >>652896 >>652904

>Grani looks up from where she's carrying a crying smol- unfortunately next to them is a lilim that the smol absolutely refuses to let go of, though the latter is motionless on the ground, eyes set to a BSOD screen.

>The officer sighs as she pets the child, when another officer takes it off her hands. Then, she runs over to where CN and the Major are.

"Sir?" >Grani asks.

| >>652915
>The other officer Chanka notified, a somewhat tired looking young man with a lieutenant's badge reading [Kamijou] also comes over.
"Major-"

>Chanka urges all of them into a side room, her interpromptu office, filled with computers and physical data... paper.
"CN, feel free to talk about anything here, and I want you both to listen to him, since I know I can trust you lot!"
>She says, having confidence in being a good judge of character

| >>652917

>Grani salutes smartly, lightly hitting the bottom of her open face shield!

"Yes sir!" >She bows to CN.

"I am officer Grani, of the Victor- er, the Glitch City Police Department, at your service!"

| >>652917 >>652922
"Nice to meet you Grani."
>He gives her a small bow in return, before addressing the trio.
"Well, I cant I know much about the situation from the inside, but I do know this, apparently Ludendorf is operating in the EMP zone. In addition, there a hit on all the NDES employees and their families."

| >WL Levitrucks are sparcely flying in Glitz airspace attempting to drop portable emergency matrix connection terminals. There's only three but they appear to be designed to offer flare signals for easy GPS identification.

| >>652924
>Chanka clicks her tongue
"So the old man is here, I thought he croaked last winter... And about those hits... that means we'll have to exfill some of those PMC fools before it devolves into a damned battle royale"
>She taps her finger on her arm

| >>652929
"Pretty much, I'm not sure what he thinks about EAGLE which is why I'm worried. I'm trying to do soemthing about him... as well as look for someone I think got caught up in this."

| >>652900
>The woman frowns as the lilim answers.
"We used to work at the GC Central Hospital. Ask for Doctor Bohr, he'll give you our full resume."

| >>652933
>The officer paiges his superior with his radio before lifting the cordon
"You're clear, go meet up with Major Sabroyovsky at the command center before she leaves, she'll tell you what to do"

| >>652935
>The two doctors thank the officer politely, and head towards the command center, visibly confused by the chaos of the situation. They're doctors, but they're clearly more used to clean operating rooms than... This mess.
>As they head through the door, they start looking around for whoever Major Sabroyovsky may be.
"E-E-EXCUSE ME, is Major Sabroehm... Sabroyo..."
"We were told to meet up here with Major Sabroyovsky, we're the two doctors who are here to volunteer"

| >>652959
>A woman flags the two of you over
>She's wearing a full plate carrier and a large rifle on her back, her body is so augmented that calling her a cyborg wouldn't be an overstatement.
"So you're the ones, come over"
>She waves

| >>652961
The two quickly join her.
"So, what is it that we can do to help, Major?"
>says Ferdinand, as Polly stares in awe at the woman's equipment and augmentation.
"WHOAH MISS! THAT CANNON IS HUGE! Ferdinand, did you see how cool those augs are?"
>she yells, as he starts poking the lilim's arm. Ferdinand loses for a moment his professional attitude, glances at the woman and comments:
"Yes, Polly, the Major is quite an impressive individual. But let's get back to the point"

| >>652972
>The major points to the field hospital behind the command center
"We'll need you to provide diagnosis for injuries down in the hospital, look for unnatended people and fill in the gaps"
>She looks sharply at the lilim
"Any experience dealing with disabled lilims?"

| >>652932
"Anyone you know stuck in Glitz?"
>Chanka picks up a pen from her desk and starts munching on its end, frowning
"And about Ludendorf... lets just hope he hasn't decided to help out the terrorists, Anything else you know about the whole state of affairs?"

| >>653159
"Yes, a purple haired lilim, she goes by Nym or Mombot. She would seem pretty armed to the teeth, but with the EMP a lot of that would be pretty disabled at the moment."
>CN sighs
"Hes searching for a supposed killer in the Glitz, which apparently there was reports of him in ground zero of the EMP, I was going to head there first and see if I could find her. As for Lude, I'm hoping for the same. I don't know what else is happening inside otherwise."

| >>653159
>He sighs
"No, ma'am. I have a good understanding of our mechanics, but I only practiced a few repairs on myself. I'm way more proficient in dealing with the human body".
>As he pauses, Polly intervenes with a surprisingly serious tone.
"Anyway, Miss Major, we'll be heading to the hospital facility, if you don't need to give us instructions on anything else."

Total number of posts: 60, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1588947066

This thread is permanently archived