danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Deal Down at the Docks

| >In an obscure part of Westport, a large warehouse, almost like a huge hanger, sits on a block by itself. The other buildings nearby are not bustling, but have at least some activity going on. This structure, however, is silent.
>Until, that is, a large muscle car drives up to it, and two Fishermen exit the building to greet it. Inside the car is an old man in a suit, and two armed passengers.

| > The old man exits the driver's side door and approaches the Fishermen, clearly looking forward to something. The two guardians of the docks start to slowly crank open the massive door of the warehouse.

| (I assume the introductions of the characters have been done beforehand then? -0L)

| >>620285

(My guess is this thread is a continuation of the "Need Backup" one. In keeping with setting rules, however, remember this thread is public and as such you're allowed to visit even if you weren't one of the target parties from the previous thread.)

| >>620305
(The problem is I can't join without pulling some miracle. Westport is pretty big, and none of my characters actively patrol it, with the exception of the PMC
-Impulse)​

| >>620311

(That's a good point... hopefully they'll be able to work it out somehow.)

| >>620305
(I'm talking more in a sense of an IC standpoint. Because, from what I can gather from the first post, we're already in the client's car. Like, you won't know anyone named '0L' [I presume] without them announcing it. -0L)

| >>620326
(The two who are hired in the last thread, yes. But other players who want to join wouldn't have that privilege. Unless their character regularly visit Westport already, it's almost impossible to join without breaking characters or pulling some strings
-Impulse)​

| (I'll start anyway. -0L)

"Got to the stop, pops?"

> One of the armer passenger, an armoured and masked instinctively rubbed their eyes, only to make clanking noise. Their entire body is covered in plated armour, one way or another, down to the tip of their fingers. The armour is a simple, yet durable plasteel, coloured a dull grey. If it wasn't for their armour, they would appear short and slender — even if the armour exposes this fact as well.

|
"Didn't know it'd be this far."

> They add. Their voice is modulated, forming a seamless androgynous voice, exhibiting clearer feminine resonance.

"Part of the job, I guess."

> To their side is a blade they now lightly grasp. It's a short-hilted bastard sword, with its pommel pointing upwards and its tip rested below. Nothing speaks special about this weapon, aside from its antique qualities.

| >>620345 "Yes indeed."
> The Fishermen took a long look at the three before finally gesturing for them to follow them inside
"I have Miro watching on a security camera across the street. I don't anticipate anyone messing with us here, but if they do we should know at least a bit in advance."
> The inside of the place was dim; Only a few emergency lights lit up the walls. Somewhere someone flipped a breaker, and a spotlight lit up a massive aircraft in the center of the place.

| >>620423
https://i.imgur.com/CCmvTE6.jpg

| >Another man also exits the car, stretching his legs as he does.
>Wearing a baggy blue and off white coat with black slacks was a tall-ish man wearing a face mask that covers half his upper face, with some kind of "horn" sticking out of the front, right inbetween his eyes.

"Well, lets get cracking then"

>Says the man whom some call the General Of The Left as he puts his hands within his pockets

| >>620423
"This is the Westport. Anyone messing with us are dead from step zeroth."

> The armoured figure — 0L — notes, they sheathe their blade and pick up the pace with others. Surprisingly enough, despite their full-body armour, their feet are light enough to not make much of a sound.

"Plus, I didn't know Fo-... that kid will be involved too. Thought he's just there for PR speak."

| >>620501 "Oh, no, he's of great help. Of course, I had to do the hacking for him on that camera. He can't be bothered to learn to code, the rascal."
(Will post again tomorrow.)

| >>620527
"Good grief. Could've hired someone else, right? Dozens of decker can do that."

> 0L comments. They adjust their mask slightly, and the sound of clicking is audible.

"Geh, I'm not here to chinwag. You do you, pops."

| (Still me, just on a different device.)
>>620530 "Well, we're not exactly a large organization."
> Indeed, one might wonder if it was just this old man and his grandson.
> The man handed a currency chip of some sort to one of the Fishermen - who had been strangely silent - and gestured the two hired guns to the aircraft.
"I must admit, I expected more trouble, given how my last business venture in this city went. At the risk of tempting fate, I'd say we're home free."

| >>620625 (Nevermind, maybe I was on this computer last time too.)

| >>620625
"'Business venture'? Not exactly business when you can't hire a few whites."

> 0L muses again. They slowly walk to the appointed aircraft, with one hand ready on their blade by the looks of it. Wary, if not too much, showing their inexperienced stances for one long moment.

| >The General simply lifts an eyebrow at the VTOL, his hands still within his pockets, his face has a smile on it but his eyes are dead set on the fisherman

"That's a flag Totsan, we're home free when that things up there on the sky and we're outta this place"

>He laughs as he talks

| >>620671
"I like the confidence, but we're not exactly down to repel airborne missiles, yeah?"

> The way 0L phrased their sentence makes it one bit obvious it was meant as a joke, but the flag they raised couldn't be helped either.

"We're home free when we're home free. Gotta' love that tautology."

| >>620672 > The man ponders.
"Well, it was originally a military craft, so I believe it did have the capability to be fitted with countermeasures... of course, they would now be outdated by half a century. They've been flying these since the last millennium, in various configurations."
> He climbed into the pilot's seat and gestured for them to follow.
"There are controls for the turrets in the back, if you'd like to familiarize yourselves with them, but please don't start any wars.

| "There's also room for a vehicle in the back, or several hundred thousand dollars worth of valuable antiques, the latter of which Flooded is, ahem, flooded with."
> Despite the suspicious demeanor of the Fishermen, the deal seemed to have gone smoothly. The roof of the huge building retracted, presumably to allow the bulky craft to take off.

| (Is this "business" illegal by any chance? I have an idea for that "trouble" you want
-Impulse)​

| >>620683

(Speaking of trouble, I let the Fishermen roleplayer know about the deal- so you may have other roleplayers entering the thread soon(tm).)

| >>620689
(Thought OP is playing the fisherman
-Impulse)​

| >>620681
"Old, janky machines aren't my area of niche."

> 0L says as they witness the deal being done. Not saying a word on that, they prefer to stare at the huge hunk of metal that they'll presumably fly with.

"Missiles aside, won't be surprised if we get intercepted mid-air. Got any piloting licence, General?"

> They turn to the General, having mostly kept a professional manner around him.

| >Two hovercrafts land a bit away​ from​ the​ building to let two crews of private contractors to dismount from it before speeding away. They quickly run through the streets to the building. One group broke off to find a possible back door of the building while the other prepares to storm the front door
(Whoever expected more trouble, here's your trouble)​

| (is this deal illegal in its intent. Fishermen RPer)

| >a rumbling occurs as several unmarked vans make it on to the scene, the roof of the building begins to close as a spotlight from above shines brightly illuminating everything. Above is a VTOL...painted like a fish.... asthe vans approach, blockading exit routes a man wearing a kilt, with a machine gun for a leg steps on the scene. Burly guy with a thick beard.

| "Oh, bastards."

> 0L makes no unnecessary movement. They draw their sword in a swift motion, but kept it low — a distinct sign of warning instead of war itself.

"Oi pops! How'd you call this trouble?!"

| >>620814
>the man with the machine gun leg continues the approach, there is a mirror in his hand. He speaks in an accent.
"Aye, welcome to West Port, wes likin to make sure errythin is on the up'n'up ya gette? So we like to keep watch. Makin' sure nothin' too off mark happen. Now, traden a VTOL aint necessraliy illegal, with the proper loiconse n payin trade dues, ya get me?"
>he breaks out in to a grin while tapping the gun on the ground.
"But, if a little...mistake was we can...

| ...try and work somethin out, aye."
>he says
"Mistakes happen, aye. But we got to keep trade flow regulated. And that, has costs. Its why we support the nice family shop here. Help keep the rice flowin, aye."

| "Just a hired sword. Ask the pops o'er there. The only thing I'm working out is the zenny from this job."

> 0L points to their employer, but keeps their sword at a stance ready to strike. This wariness pressures the atmosphere around, if not for the already tense nature of the conversation that 0L feels.

| >The contractors at the front door watches the deal from afar before three separate from the main group and break in the door after the machine gun leg and fix their sights on the fisherman, the old guy in the pilot seat, and the machine gun leg.
>You can clearly see that all of them are wearing armor and helmet. There is a patch with the letters that read "NDSEC" with a three rising stars background on each of their arm. On their plate carriers are letters that read "NDSEC"

| >The man at the front, who seems to be the captain, speaks to you.
"Freeze! We are representatives from New Dawn Security, and we've been noted of an illegal hardware deal in this area by a private contract and you are not to be allowed to take off witb the hardware. Now, if any of you are willing to comply, we may... work something out. But we are otherwise forced to arrest you, dead OR alive."
>The last sentense kind of implies that no one is getting taken alive otherwise...

| "Don't try resisting, we have this building on our watch, we can storm it if this deal go south, then you can kiss goodbye to your lifes"
>Geez, he's quite rough, isn't he...

| (who is that directed at? the guy in the kilt?)

| >>620827
(Everyone, because the kilt guy is presumed to also be dealing with the others
-Impulse)​

| (Anyways, going to sleep, will reply tomorrow
-Impulse)​

| >>620828
(guy in the kilt is a member of the Fishermen, gc's coast guard essentially)

| (Scotty MacScot, because I'm a dumb and it amuses me)

| >>620832
(Yes, I'm aware, but currently the situation to the PMC looks like they are dealing illegally with each other, hence the hostilities.
-Impulse)​

| >>620835
(Ah, alright. Need to think on this then.)

| >>620826
>The man with the Machinegun leg cocks his head
"Aye, in West Port. We keep the peace in West Port, its why corps, gangers and GCPD stay out if they ain't looking for some nice coffee and fish from Fisherman Jones'. That should be well known. So I got to ask, again since I ain't been heard the first time it seems. What the fuck is going on. Fisherman Jones didn't hear about this little thing, and certainly not some PMC fuck stomping around n he isn't gon be happy to hear"

| (Oh boy, lots of activity since I last checked here. In my mind the deal was supposed to be legal, with the Fishermen getting rid of an outdated aircraft they had no use for anymore. Of course, given that this 'corporation' is basically just one guy with a bunch of get-rich-quick schemes perhaps he only thought it was legal. I'll think about what to post soon I promise.)

| >>620952
(I'm more than happy with it being legal, maybe just tied in some beuracracy or some fisher didn't submit some papers. -Fishermen RPer)

| >>620952
(I'm also happy with it being legal, but the contract to the PMC just say it isn't
-Impulse)

>>620849
>The captain looks at the fishermen in the back and the old guy in the heli before saying:
"Well, doesn't look like you are good at keeping peace and order if one of your subordinates is selling military hardware to private corpo"

| >>620970
"Gov says selling military stuff to corpos is fine, So long as the proper channels were followed, which it seems it wasn't other wise Jones or I would have been the ones overseeing it."

| > The old man looked a bit irked. He touched his ear, probably activating an earpiece.
"Miro, why didn't we have advance warning?"
> Whatever response he got didn't seem to satisfy him, but he remained cordial as he turned toward the unexpected guests.
"There appears to be a massive misunderstanding. I was merely engaging in a legal purchase of surplus vehicular hardware..."
> He glared daggers at the two Fishermen who had first met him here.
"Or at least I thought I was."

| >>620976
"Well, well, seems like the contracts were true then, illegal hardware trading. Now, we don't really want any problem, but we have a contract to fulfill, we will take over from here, maybe we can strike a deal or two later with you or this Jones you talk about"
>The captain suggests

| >>620985 > He kept his hands visible. He didn't seem to want to escalate things.

(As a side note, I didn't realize there was someone who RPd as the Fishermen organization like this. Sorry if I messed up.)

| >>620988
(Originally, I thought I would just make an appearance and Miro can warn you so you can escape or set up an ambush, but then the fisherman showed up to negotiate so I decided, fuck it, let's negotiate. Two ways I figure you can do is either escape in the vehicle or just negotiate. But, if you figure anything else out, feel free. There's 14 PMCs here. 3 inside, 4 at the front, 7 in the back
-Impulse)

| >>620988
(It's fine, mostly fishermen are a deterrent about crime in west port. So i don't get involved usually but since i couldn't tell if this was legal i had to go undrr assumptions)

| >>620985
"Aye, like I said mistakes happen. We can work it out."
>>620986
"Maybe I didn't make meself clear, we handle things in West Port. You can go back to whatever country in Africa your PMC was founded to slaughter and we'll work things out here."
>he points at the fish painted VTOL
"Ye could take thit up with the Flying Fish if ye wan though."

| >>621003
"Sadly, we can't let that happen, we have a contact, and we are going to fulfill it."
>As the captain said that, all the other contractor storms in the gate from both side, their weapons raised.
"We will be watching you work out your deal"

| >>621014

> 0L raises their sword slightly, trying to count the many numbers of disturbance that have entered the place. It's not one or two — but the panic neither permeates nor show from behind that plasteel they wore.

|

| >>620985
"But if this fellow overhere can proves that it's all a misunderstanding, we can strike a deal, and we will inform our superiors"
>The captain says, looking towards the old guy
(Sorry, I misclicked submit button)​

| >>621014
>the man in the kilt raises an arm with the mirror. small red dots appear on the people who just stormed the gate.

| (You have full permission to kill all PMCs here, btw, but I want to know if I can kill the fishermen, if I can't, I will avoid killing everyone)​

| >>621021
(I mean since it was supposed to be a legal transaction that shouldn't be a problem. I just figure with the tension raised as it is that would be their response.)

| >>621022
(Sure, but in case things go south, just know you can kill them)
"So this is how it's going to go then"
>All contractors lowered their weapons, except for a few with theirbweapons fixed on the old man's seat in the aircraft, 0L, and General
"If the old man can prove that his transaction is legal, we will be on our way, no more trouble. But if he can't, he's getting arrested, deal?"

| >>621023
"Boy, ain't this a milk run and a half."

> 0L says, clearly extruding too much confidence from how they speak.

| >>621023
"Aye, you know what, we'll count this as your mistake then. If he can't prove he intended to let us know, you can do what ya want. However, you come back in here without our say so, which ya won get since it's our turf. Then we'll hook ya. You get one, just like they did."
>he keeps his hand up

| >>621026
"It's a deal then."
>He looks back at the contractors that have their guns up and nods, the contractors lower their guns.
>They disperse and go to guard the possible exits.

| (Will post tomorrow morning, it's late here.)

| (Good night
-Impulse)​

| > By now the old man was out of the aircraft.
"I believe I have the required paperwork with me, though given how this went perhaps not all of it was processed on your end, mistakenly or otherwise."
> He produced some wordy-looking documents, all on physical paper. 2020 or 2070, some things hadn't changed.
> "I'll let the interested parties here look through this themselves, but as you can see, this was not a case of merely transferring credits off the record."

| >>621351 "If it interests anyone, the craft is to be used for research and commercial endeavors, not private military nonsense. If the relevant regulations require me to decommission it's defensive firepower I have no objections."

| >>621352
>the man with the scottish accent and kilt, and machine gun leg...why is it a machine gun? walks over to look at the papers, letting his arm down in a wide and slow manner.
"Aye, thats it. Should have had a copy sent to base, or Fisherman Jones' Fishtank."

| >>621352
"We shall have the document copied and sent to our nearest office to have it analyzed."
>The captain said, before turning to the nearest contractor before saying between themselves: "Get the secured container" before continuing in a louder voice, most likely to his communication device
"Command, this is Striker-4, we need a document analyzed ASAP, we will get it forwarded to you via a secure container, please prepare a drone to pick it up, over"

|

| >The General Of The Left, having completely erased his presence as the PMCs arrived slowly returns to the light, holstering some kind of weapon into his coat as the tension breaks. If he had one strenght to boast about, it was how easily his presence could be... Masked
>*Badum tss*
>>620714
"If its flying a VTOL, then it cant be that different from a cessna right?"
>He says jokingly, eyeing 0L with a smile as he touches his shoulder, reaffirming his presence once again.

| >>622169
"Last guy I knew who said that got mauled by the atmosphere."

> 0L replies, unknown if joking or not. There's a stern tone, but it's hard without seeing 0L's expression; one which is obscured by their helmet.

"Guess we aren't flying with all this around, huh?"

> They gaze at the current, less handled chaos. It's nothing a sword can slash.

| (Will post something soon, sorry for delay)

| >>622169 >>622204 "Regardless, I will be piloting the aircraft, at least for the trip to storage. I have confidence that the paperwork will prove valid. Right now, we just have to wait."
> And if it didn't? What then? Hopefully the old man had a plan.

| >>622369
>The General raises his shoulder and smiles
"I sure hope you know how to fly it then"

| >>622750
"Well now, ain't it clear we won't be catapulting this to space? Old man sure knows how to fly it if we can't."

> 0L brushes past the issues of legality. Putting their sword in a constant draw is hard, especially when attention is to be needed. Their stance is weakening, but not their wariness.

| > Assuming the Fishermen the old man had been working with weren't crooked, the paperwork should check out. Most likely it hadn't all been processed on the Fishermen's end. The fact that most of them apparently didn't know about the sale is still odd, though. Perhaps one of the higher-ups wanted to get rid of the old craft without a fuss, seeing as it was taking up a whole warehouse.

Total number of posts: 80, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1580749629

This thread is permanently archived