danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Anyone know about retro tech here?

| Looking at some kind of box thingy that seems to be made to read... Something? Probably some old physical storage thing-a-majig. I may or may not need some help figuring this shit out to be frank chummers...

| There's a lot of box thingy that can be used to read something. May wanna be more specific than that, gal.

| >>618858
I dunno man, its uh small? Like it'd fit inside my hand, and I got small hands. It has a little "door" thing right on its front and there's some kind of spinny things inside, two of them...

Big fat push buttons on the side that click loudly. And to be fair that's all there is I guess, oh, huh, one of those old audio jacks as well? I thought Apple made those illegal in 2075 or well, atleast tried to

| >>618859
Gods in heavens.

Are you looking for a quick money right now?

| shit omae i think you got yourself what you call a...... walkman??? tape deck?? it plays uhhhhh 'casettes"" or something.....thats from like a hundred fucken years ago holy shit wwwwww

my pa had one of those i think but they didnt stick around real long

is there anything behind that door??

-DEADEYE

| Oh hey, I think the guy above me's right. You've got yourself a Sony Walkman, or at least a similar tape player from another brand. I have one of those. Blame my grandpa for getting me into weird antiques... anyway, if by some miracle it works I could probably help you get some music for it.
- SciFox

| >>618863
Nah, its empty I think, unless its got cloud storage, but I kinda doubt it

So its a walkman? I dont see any legs on it.

>>618883
It seems to be able to turn those wheelie things, so I guess it works? I dunno if the back plate looking thing being shattered was intended or not though.
It plays music? Wut?

| >>618891
It's a product name. Plays music by them tapes you get for a luxury sometimes. I can swear they sell for a good margin.

| >>618896
Dunno about that one mate... Kinda looks cheap

| >>618898
Literally everything from a century ago looks cheap, I don't know where you're getting your data from, gal.

| >>618899
I get my info from trids?

| >>618901
Well, okay fine. Here's the deal: I'm building an archive of these ancient technologies and if you wanta' you can sell it to me for… I don't know, the price of a month's worth of burgs. Your call.

| >>618905
A-a month?

| >>618917
That's the max I can provide.

| >>618857
Can't you just take a picture and post it through an imgur link or something?

| >>619704
imgwhat?

| I got a book back at my safehouse. It's full of some freaky shit. Pretty interesting stuff. When my partner comes to pick up this drive I'll see if I can find it when I get back home.
Also dude if you're reading this then hurry the fuck up, please.

| >>619706
normie, do I need to teach you how to use the fucking internet?

| >>620152
The fuck's an imgur you drek.

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1579877725

This thread is permanently archived