danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
M A T R I C U L A T I O N

| Cyberpunk is dead. And we have killed it.

The Net. Cybernetics. The very things that could have been humanity's deliverance has unfortunately been commodified and taken over by capitalism's fetish for stripping aesthetics of their message, leaving only image and simulacra. It now joins the ranks of the conservative 50's, the hippie movement of the 60's, and other quasi-nostalgic artifacts that remain as simply a vehicle for corporations to sell you material objects to impress peop

| le you've never met.

And in that stripping of the aesthetic, cyberpunk is stuck in a perpetual cycle, refusing to evolve as the same tropes are recycled, repackaged, and become copies of copies of what could have been.

Cyberpunk as an aesthetic tool, was once a tool to examine present pop culture phenomena using the lens of a lost future. In layman's terms, it outlined how to not wind up in a dystopian future by highlighting concerns in the everyday present.

Pretty lights? 80's

| synthwave music? Do you really think that when the climate war is lost and more than half of the planet lies underwater or uninhabitable, we, the socially marginalized are going to give a shit about pretty neon lights? That's a luxury only for the few. The pigs at the top, already so far removed from actual society, will physically live miles above us.

​As to say, “That's right. We do hate you. Do you get it now? After all this time?”

Wage disparity and a future stolen from us by

| the people who would gain to profit from a mass tragedy such as this collapse will strike nihilism into the hearts of the many. And we, the used tampon of the world, will suffer all of the consequences.

Our world will be dominated by black market AI, mafia law, pre-packaged food, dirty water, crusty walls dripping with mold, and ear shattering rabble from the millions of people packed into one tiny space. It won't be fun, or a goddamn video game. It will be our worst nightmare. An

| d it will be our everyday. Tick tock.

But in this chaos and loss, we can still find the core values that make the human spirit the rebellious force that shines with the same brightness that lit the stars – compassion, Love, and the unseen phenomena that binds our souls together like a yarn throughout all time and space.

To labor through the slummy present, seeking out the humanity still in many people's hearts, broken, but alive. To find Meaning amongst the dangers and ever-prese

| nt violence. To look a loved one in the eye and have the hellscape fall away in your peripherals. These are always at our fingertips, if we pay attention.

High tech, low life. If we are the lowlifes of the world, then so be it. That only defines the ethos of the worldview, not the strength of the individual, or the revolutionary nature of the human soul. That soul which meets cruelty with mutiny - may it tear down the pillars of tyranny that ravaged a beautiful future of endless

| possibilities. Here's to the radical lovers, the insurgent martyrs, and to the everyday man.

That, is the nature of cyberpunk.

- dark_acid_angel

| That's possibly the longest shitpost I've ever seen, and I'm sad to say. I didn't read through all of it, neither do I give enough shit to do so.
-Impulse​

| >>610420 This is not, as you say, a shitpost. This is a Manifesto, from an era bygone, and though I claim not to understand it fully, I believe it's message was a prediction of the future - a future we now inhabit. I have spent a long time interpreting it, and now I believe I understand what must be done to secure a better tomorrow.

We don't belong here in this place, this hellhole. This is not how things were supposed to go. I seek to improve our lives, our future.

Can you help?

| >>610438
A shitpost is a shitpost, no matter what it's about. Can you atleast stop making a fucking text wall.
-Impulse

| (Alright, honestly, fuck this place then. I've tried making new content a couple of times now even though I've been struggling to even have any new ideas, and it's really starting to feel like people are just ganging up on me now. I can't make any posts without people shitting on them. Fuck off then, I'm just gonna leave. Clearly that's what you all want anyway. Have fun with your toxic shitposting.)

| >>610556
(What? You ragequitted because of IC attitude? It's RP, characters have certain opinion towards certain things, and there are always gonna be that one dick character shitting on people. Nothing is personal. Ganging up? I'm the only one posting in this thread apart from you, mate)​

| You don't bring an intelectual opinion to an imageboard

##Janitor:Stormy##

| >>610595

I think OP confused this for the cyberpunk board.

I thought about moving it but couldn't ve sure, since they signed their post.

To OP: Chill, Impulse is a fictional character and tends to treat walls of text like that, regardless of content. That said, it sounds like you'te having a bad time rn, so even if you don't come back, I hope you feel better soon.

| Sounds like another religion to me.
-Volp
(although it's pretty cool might i say)

| fake deep

| OR IS IT

| >>610722
Or a cult
-Impulse

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1575938410

This thread is permanently archived