danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Glitches in the Matrix?

| Hey, so recently I've been hanging out, playing that new Bathed In Blood game, when suddenly my Matrix connection goes out. I'm not sure what's causing the fluctuations. It seems to affect all devices in my place, at least. Anybody else experiencing this?

| Might be the power cutting out again, or something local. Where you jacking in?

| >>585559 You mean where is my connection coming from? I have a router hooked to jetpacks through three of my rooms as well as directly to me NaVi, and the router is White Lightning brand, so maybe the error could be with them, but they don't seem to be having any Matrix outages. That's the thing though, even my deck which is hijacking from my neighbor's mobile data is going out too, so I'm not sure if its just me or if its affecting everyone in the building...

chummer, the fact that that rig works at all is a miracle and a half.

| >>585576

Okay, okay, judge all you want, but regardless, it worked just fine before this. I'm not sure what's going on. I guess it could be any number of problems. When my roommate comes home I'll ask her if she's having any issues when she logs in too, if she's not all high this time.

| >>585578

Oh, she'll have *issues* alright...

| >>585578
Do you have access to your deck's logs? Or maybe the logs of your neighbor's router? It might tell you if there's been a cause of disconnect. I doubt it will say anything about a power outage, but maybe a cyberattack or interference?

| >>585580 What do you mean?

>>585589 Hmm, I'll try that. Good point...

| Update: Roommate is back in her room, super ultra high, and its happening again. I can't view my deck logs because my deck has lagged itself into a brick and isn't working at all. I'm talking to you guys from a /burg/ stand across the street, which is seemingly unaffected. Not sure what's going on here. I'll try to note the time this ends, if it does.

| >>585615
Hmm... this is curious. If your deck isnt fixed after you may just need to pull out the power to reset it. -CN

| >>585620 Yeah, but in my entire apartment, and potentially my entire building? That's not gonna go over well with the other tenants. A deck can be replaced, but its useless if I can't connect with it. I don't think the problem is in my deck per se.

| >>585918
I meant the deck not the building... I figured if you got it working right you could at least check the logs for clues. -CN

| >>585925 Oh, good point! Yeah, I'll try to get it working.

| Update #2: Got my deck working by doing what you said, but all of my logs are...I don't know, corrupted somehow? They all are just telling me scrambled gibberish, ever since when it starts in my apartment to when it ends. Service is back for now, but roommate is gone so I can't ask her what this is all about. So surreal...

| did you lose a bunch of data? i hope you backed stuff up.

| >>586255 No, not too much. The only data that was corrupted was whatever my deck did during the time of the Matrix glitch. It seems the glitch is causing the problems, but when its over, everything works fine again.

| >>586316
Cant recover it?-CN

| >>586454 No, not at all. It simply won't come back. I've been trying for hours now. Its like my deck's memory of the time it was being affected is completely gone, just wiped out. This is strange...

Tried to talk to roommate again, but yet again, she's high as fuck on something when it happens, so I can't ask her. She literally gets like, immobilized. I've never really judged her for what she does in her own time, but I'd at least like her to be responsive...but, what do you do.

| >>586609
Mmm... what does she get high on? -CN

| >>586609
Not to be a creep, but what does your roommate look like?

| >>586940 Man I don't know, everything she can get her hands on really. She's a functional addict, she's able to hold her 40 hour a week job and never be late but every time she's not at work she's always high on something. Whatever she's been doing recently has had me really worried though, its like she does it and just goes borderline comatose for hours. she's literally like unresponsive on it, but she always comes out of it.

>>587012 Why? That is a little creepy man...

| >>587025
Is it one of those new powder? The "Out of body experience" shit. Heard they effect cameras too, maybe that's related to the glitch. I called a trauma team on one junkie who tried that shit, good she's still fine though
-Red 9

| >>587169 Well, now that you mention it, I did go into her room once while she was in this state once, just to make sure we was still alive, and from the looks of it it was like an off-white powder substance, is that what it looks like? Gotta say I've never heard of this shit, but I suppose if it could be the drug theoretically doing this...well, come to think of it, she's always been out of it every time its ever happened. The timing coincides...Maybe it is her on this stuff...

| >>587175
Yes, the drug is in white powder form, then again, a lot of drug is. You can't know for sure
-Red 9

| >>587293 Well, not every drug can disconnect a building from the Matrix...Maybe the only way to know is to see if her *not* doing it solves anything, and see if her doing it makes it come back. I guess we'll see...

| >>587359
Good point
-Red 9

| Alright, can confirm, drug is what's causing the glitches. When she came home I caught her and asked her to not do that stuff for one night and offered to pay for her weed, so she agreed and guess what, no glitching. System worked fine, Matrix connection was stable. The next morning she had the day off, so I told her she could do it if she wanted, and when she did, the connection started to cut out once again.

How a drug can do this is beyond me, but at least I know now. Strange.

| >>587477

What she's taking is probably supposed to be a mass drug- Does she have a DNI or something like that? -Blue Hawaii

| >>587478 Not as far as I know, she's never been the type to go hardcore into augments and the like as far I know. All she does is work, get high and do random craft stuff, I rarely even see her on the Matrix doing anything. Besides, she's got short hair and I've never *seen* any scalp marks or the like on her, so most likely not.

| >>587479 So the drug, it seems, cuts Matrix connection near it when snorted, but not when>>>not snorted? Whatever is in the drug that is causing this to happen, it doesn't do it until somebody actually takes it...interesting, really interesting. Can you ask your roommate what the drug is like? Like, what the experience is like after doing it multiple times?
-Cody Foss

| >>587700 Uhh, sure! I'll get back to you that one. In the meantime, we just have it arranged that she waits to do this drug while I'm in the middle of playing and doing stuff on the Matrix and stuff like that, so she doesn't corrupt my electronics and stuff. Seems to work pretty well!

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1565533510

This thread is permanently archived