danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(setting) The midnight drifter

| >The drifter looked normal tonight, a very big change from the last week's birthday special as Emily the bartender seems to have put her bunny suit in a closet somewhere ans was now wearing her habitual clothes, along with a new eyepatch covered in cream dyed ribbons and small baubles and chains, it's cute.
>She plays with it as she waits for patrons with a smile

| > A bickering outside the bar attracts attention. Visible there are the source of the noise — a long-haired lady, dressed in maid outfit, and a black-haired lady, with a loose shirt and a free-flowing skirt.

"MASTER, YOU HAVE TO WAIT!"

"I WANNA SEE YOUR CHILD!"

"I HAVE NONE!"

"I'M A GOOD GRANDMA!"

> The maid enters the bar, trying to shoo the other. Her attempts failed as the black-haired lady takes a seat first, right after elbowing the maid.

"Yo, 'tender. Beer!"

| "Ah Uni?"
>Emily is hesitant while calling out the name of her *hopefully* good friend and regular patron as she waves and smiles
"I'll have it ready!"

| >A yellow tinted John shows up to the bar, wearing his suit, flipping a coin in one hand.

>He quietly takes a sweet at the bar, not really responding to other people...

| >>582887
"Ah hello John!"
>Emily smiles at his other regulars presence
"Will it be the usual today?"

| > Kazuki nakamura slows his...

Infamous mercades AMG, mangled quite a bit from the wreckage at chapel-3.
He steps out and opens the passenger door on his side, His lilim Bonnie taking the door on the right.

| >>582889
>An Hybrid girl with a pair of dragon like horns and a hefty tail wearing a thick coat gets out as they open the doors, looking around with her golden reptilian eyes
"Ohoh, thou has some nice tastes! This one is pleased to see a location that hath not much crowds! Very well done Kazuki!"
>Her tail swooshes around, kicking up a dust cloud, she's VERY happy to be outside

| >>582888

"Nothing for me today, I'm just here to meet someone.

| >>582881
"Hey, I'm here too, tender."

> Uni, lagging behind, had to hear her Master speak first to Emily. After she sees her Master order a drink, she spots John — only taking a seat after she was sure what she sees.

"Hello, Emily. I hope my Master hasn't started to become a nuis—"

> Said Master then elbowed her on the stomach again, giving out a loud 'clank!' noise.

"Anyway, I guess it's the usual for her. And beer for me. Uni has a strange sense for drinks."

| "Oh, that's odd, well holler me if you need anything at all"
>Emily nods strongly to john

>>582892
"So a Ragnarok and a beer then, coming right up! I'm glad to see you both are going along though"
>She says with a chuckle as she prepares the two drinks

| >>582890
"Much obliged, Now we shall head off into the building?"

>As Kazuki opens the doors for Marie, Bonnie holds the door for Uni's youngest.
"I assume you're wanting ti see your mother, after so long?"

| >>582893
"I can't really drink after all, I'm not real."
>John casually states, still playing with a particular US coin.

| >>582896
"You promised many, Kazuki. However, I don't sense Mother here."

> Uni's youngest — one seemingly a copy of Uni, with a distinct blond hair — follows. However, despite past similarities, anyone can see both her and Uni — sitting by the seat — is more than different.

| >>582893
"That would be most welcome, Emily."

> Uni smiles, rubbing where her Master has elbowed her twice.

"Did it actually hurt?"

"For once, I felt pain."

"You've lost more Julianne game than I can count tho."

"—For once I felt physical pain."

"Installation successful then."

> They bicker more as Uni tries to have her attention at whatever John is holding. It was only clear to her after her eye reacted strangely to it.

| >>582906
>John keeps playing with it, makeing it float around, seemingly manipulating it without even touching it.

| >>582905
"Oh, how so?"

>Kaz stops just past the doorway. Bonnie passes by the small group and is already searching for John herself.
"He's in here... Right there!"
> She squeaks, more than loud enough for the bar.

| >>582908
"I can always feel Mother! But I can't now. No, I haven't been able to lately."

> Minerva mumbles, surprised by Bonnie pointing to John. To her, of course, he looks like a stranger.

"Kazuki, who is the name of this man?"

> She points to the projected John without a single care, thinking of it as a normal behaviour.

| >>582908
>John is lightly startled by Bonnie shouting/squeaking, making the coin disappear. He slowly turns around, not sure if it's Bonnie or a bounty hunter.

"Bonnie is that you?"

| >>582910
"You finally spoke, hm."

> Uni entered the conversation, perturbed after she turned around and sees a… mirror of her image with Kazuki.

"K-Kazuki? Is that you I see?"

> It was then Uni's Master — Lucetta — that made a fake gasp.

"Oh boy. I shouldn't have come."

| >>582909
"His name shakes even the mightiest, he is... John."
> Kaz sighs.

>>582910
> She squeaks again at his voice and runs to get a giant, death defying hug!

>>582911

"It is I, indeed."
> He tips his head, quite noticing the gazes being made.

| >>582911
>John doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Lucetta, instead turning to Uni

"Yes, it is me, Sort-of-John."

>Once he's calmed down from being startled, the coin reappears, being flipped around in his hand.

| >>582912
>Bonnie goes for a hug, and squeezes tight! But all she feels is a cold, hard surface.

"I'm not exactly here in the real. I'm wanted to have a nice cup of coffee at a cafe."

| >>582914
> She lets go almost immediately, slight disappointed, but nevertheless...

"Could've warned.. I haven't seen you since we got trapped undergrouuund! Kaz over here had to rebuild me twice... Jerk put my AI in the APC!

> She looks back in distaste.

| >>582917
"Yeah, and I would have put you in to a coffee machine. So all things considered I'd say you're pretty lucky."
>He smiles, ruffling her hair as he teases her.

| >>582918
> She crosses her arms and puffs her cheeks!

"Oh, you...!"

> Only a for a second though, she smiles once more.

| >>582921
"So did Kaz get you any cool toys to go with the body?"

| >>582923
"Oh, well.. As far as reinforced structure for the rubble in C3, I suppose not.. Yet, anyways! He has said something about getting me mounted with enhanced peripheral devices! That's always a plus.. Is it?"

>>582911

"How have you been, it's rather a long time, no see situation, here."
> He approaches her and the other, a bit off put by the nature of Lucetta.
"Who.. Might this be?"

| >>582912
"Ah! I don't remember him, certainly. However, I remember his services!"

> Minerva soft-spokenly said. She eyes at Uni, but her gaze speaks one she would make to a stranger.

"Now, who are these women I see, Kazuki?"

| >>582928
"Well, one is out of my knowledge, but.. She's Uni."

> Kaz points respectively to the two,

"Uni, I hope you remember you youngest, Minerva?"

| >>582925
"Ah. Pardon me. This is Lucetta; she is my employer."

> Lucetta nods, being introduced by her employee. Of course, she expects to be introduced plenty of times, seeing she has stumbled to a reunion.

"Things has been well. Life fares timidly nowadays! I feel strangely old saying that myself."

> Uni said, chuckling by the end of her sentence.

"So, Uni, who is… those?"

"Oh? Kazuki. Bonnie. And… I don't recognise the last lady; you may ask her yourself."

| >>582930
> Hearing the name made Uni open her eyes again. One, glows as per usual, trying to seemingly recognise the blonde-haired lady.

"Kazuki, I know my child. She is not one."

> Minerva too, stated at Uni with both dread and alienation. They both interlock with no familiarity whatsoever.

"Yeah! She is not Mother!"

| >>582934
>John whispers to Bonnie
"Oh boy, here we go..."

| >>582932
>>582934

> Kazuki's already dumbfounded, looking between the two.

"H-How.. But.. W-ell, why.."
> His brain is already having a meltdown.

>>582935
> Bonnie sighs.
"I'll need a 7 minutes after this."

| >>582934
"Okay, h-hold on.. Looking at each other as is, you're certain.. Absolutely positive, you're not kin?"

| >>582938
"I am far beyond certain. I have made it a fact. I know my children."

> Both Uni and Minerva now faces each other — with Uni standing up, as if trying to get close to the blond-haired girl.

> Lucetta somehow felt an unease — something uncharacteristic of her — shoves Uni back to her seat, now her own eyes glow a sharp red as if being a stoplight for Uni.

"Back off, old hag. Instruct: My own damn private key; sit down, Uni."

> The command made Uni stop.

| > Minerva looked at Uni with pity. She shows herself out of the bar, leaving the mood bitter to those looking out for her.

| >>582939
> Kazuki, looking between the two, shows bewilderment in the actions made.
"E-Employer, huh?"

>>582941

"M-Min.. Wait, Wait where are you going?!"
>He watches her leave, wanting to follow... But not.

| >>582941
"Hey kid!"
>John tries to to get Minerva's attention. as his coin floats out towards her.

"Is this coin familiar to you?"

| >>582944
> Uni tries to wiggle out of the seat to no avail. It's almost there is something limiting her movement, preventing her from stepping out of her seat.

"Goddammit. Just <DISAPPEAR>!"

> Lucetta shouted a command with a strange intonation. Uni's face is filled with fervour, but it dropped them all when Lucetta spoke the command.

"Hey, bros. How about you lend me a hand and get that girl-thing back?"

| >>582947

> Kazuki, now fully attentive, returns his focus back to Uni and Lucetta.

"What.. What are.. What are you doing to her?"

>>582945

"I've got her."
> Bonnie turns and rushes for the door, stopping in case she's noticed John's coin.

| >>582945
> Minerva turned, following the coin. Her clear yellow eye glowed as it scanned the coin's appearance. There it was, a few tears coming from her.

"—W-where is she? You have Perusna's trust. Lightman, n-no, John—… answer me!"

> She stutters as she tries to be as close to John as possible without approaching Uni. An effort made completely useless as she can't even reach him.

| >>582951
"I'm telling her to shut the fuck up and take the family problem somewhere else!"

> Lucetta says with a hint of anger. Unknown to others as to why she gets irritated, but it was there in her tone.

"Kazuma or whatever your name was, mind talking her out? Anything. Just get her past memories. You seem to know Uni. Help me out here."

| >>582947
>The coin flings towards Lucetta,slicing her across the face before splitting off in to two, one in front of Uni, one in front of Minerva.

"Have some class, and don't interrupt my questions."

>>582953
"As far as I'm aware, that's Uni."
>He says, pointing to Uni.
"But you seem to know better. Why don't you come with me for a cup of coffee, away from the sinner."

| >>582955
"Kaz, you should know better than to help her. Im sure I don't need to remind you of the phoenix."
>John's keeps a cool head, refusing to acknowledge Lucetta any further than he already has.

| >>582932
>The hybrid girl looks at Uni
"Aye, this one is Marie of Auburn, gracious lady and master of all that beckons power! Thou mayth feel awe!"
>She puffs her chest and laughs

| >>582947
>Emily seems less than pleased
"Young lady, Uni is a friend if you keep berating her I wont be happy you know"
>She frowns and leans forward
"I'm SCARY when I'm not happy you know?"

| >>582957
"Yes, I remember.."
> He grunts, returning to Lucetta.
"What's your problem with it? What are you hiding that's more important than family?"

| >>582956
"No need for the hologram show, Jaundice."

> Lucetta spoke, impressed but her stringent attitude now has forced her to be relentless with her plans.

>>582959
"'Tender, I'm happy for the concern — but NONE of you knows what's up, right? Right. Please don't butt in just yet."

| >>582956
> Minerva slowly walked to get to John. Her eyes still gaze at Uni, now incapacitated and being surrounded by all sorts of strangeness on her.

"—She's not Mother. I know best."

| >>582962
"So it seems."
>All the coins return to John, merging in to one, but not before cutting Lucetta once more.
"So, how about you and Bonnie join me for some coffee? I know a good place nearby."
>The hologram gets up from his bar stool, walking over to Kaz, putting a hand on his shoulder.
"I know Uni is important to you, so I'll let you deal with her."

| >>582964
"Are you willing to aid me, John?"

> Minerva has taken a seat far from the commotion. Her tears have dried and turned into a plain somberness.

"I will follow you truly if you do."

> The plain somberness, in turn, made her frown express more than a simple sadness. It was a yearning for someone.

| >>582964
> Kaz nods, along with Bonnie, who follows John without a word. He stays with Lucetta and Uni until they leave.

| >>582965
"We seem to have a mutual goal. So yes."

>John knows that frown too well. He sees it everyday in the mirror, when he remembers them...

"So come on kid, let's go. I hear they make a mean hot chocolate."

| >>582968
> Minerva nods, again — she tries to take back her joyful emotions, but the doubt speaks from her inner self. She follows John, slowly walking away from Uni and Kazuki.

| >>582967
"Are thou staying Kazuki? This one would atleast have a drink before we leave if thou wilst"
>The Dragon hybrid, Marie says as she sits herself on the stool, her tail frolicking behind her

| >>582970
"Of course."
> He responds to Marie, clearing his throat. He doesn't take his eyes off Lucetta, he's not near the same man that walked in only minutes ago.

"Emily, can you get her a sickly sky, please? Virgin."

| >>582971
"Yes! It's a pleasure"
>Emily smiles and serves the drink woth a flourish

| >>582960
"Hiding?! Listen, Kazuma—"

> Lucetta was about to step and scold Kazuki, but she stopped as soon as she sees Uni again. Uni seems to have made her stop whatever action she was doing, much like Lucetta stopping Uni from doing everything.

"Just… if you've got somethin' to say to her, go and say it. Make her remember everything before I do a rollback on her again."

| >>582973
"Rollback?! What even.."
> Even more frustrated, he begins pacing, stopping once more and giving a hard glance to Uni. He takes to consideration what's all been said, now gaining an idea.

"What happened? Why nust she be like this?"

| >>582975
"LISTEN BOY."

> Lucetta replied with an equally vocal response. She doesn't seem to like doing it, apparent by her dismissing herself after shouting to Kazuki.

"Listen. I fucked up, okay? When she said her 'child is here' I thought she meant some wee kid deckers can find off the streets. I thought—… I fucking thought — I fucking thought no one related to her is here."

| >A smallish women enters the bar
>With white and black hair, she sure looks tiny...
>She sends a glance to Uni and Friends... and sighs before taking a seat
"Emily... hi..."
>Her voice is raspy, as if her throat had been crushed

| >>582977
"Oh, Mika! Hello"
>Emily smiles at Mika Kuro, smiling and waving

| >>582978
>Mika nods
"... Gut punch..."
>She orders and sits down
"... you guys... calm down?"

| >>582976
"What's wrong with the child... Person, even being related? Did something go down that I was not aware of? Is there an issue I missed bringing her here?"
> Kaz'z feels a sense of mistrust, now analyzing Uni.

| >>582979
"Coming right up, and yes we are done with the celebrations, last week waa fun though, a shame you weren't there Mika"
>A gut punch makes it way to you, along with a smile from Emily

| >>582981
"... Busy... Cute... eyepatch..."
>She takes a swig of the drink
"...Still... single?"

| >>582982
"Ugh.. You know where to hit me"
>Emily hangs her head low

| "Fufu... So cute... if you..."
>She catches her breath
"Tried... it'd be... easy..."

| >>582980
"Fucking lots."

> Lucetta answered. Short, nondescript. It seems she has ran out of longer words to speak. She returns to Uni, her eyes glow the same red when she does so.

"—You're her friend, right? We'll talk. I promise."

| >>582986
> Kaz sighs, hanging his head, almost as if defeated.

"And when will that be? Will I be able to contact, or..?"

| >>582988
"Today. Now."

> Whirring came from Uni. Clear, loud. It ticked, much like a bomb, but without the accompanying explosion. Instead, Uni shuts off, now her body is lifeless. Lucetta, however, didn't react in the slightest.

"She's dead now. That version of her. Now, if you were kind before, you would've told her something to remind her before she's gone. No hard feelings tho, we'll tackle all this later over a beer."

| >>582991
> Kazuki, still clearly confused, sighs. Unhappy with his choices, but unsure with the situation.

"Beer? Make that anything stronger."

| >>582995
"That's the damn spirit. Also, help me carry her or whatever. She's dead but that doesn't mean I can't reuse her parts."

> Lucetta nonchalantly said. Her mention of death felt light, almost as though it had to impact on her.

| >>582996
>Kazuki shivers. Dead.. Parts? VERSION? He feels the need to just breakdown as he moves over and assists.. More of picking uo and carrying himself.
"Where are we gonna take her?"
> He says rather upset.

| >>582997
"Let's leave her here? I can call my driver, but I forgot my phone. You know what, let's sit here. You and me. Have a great chat."

> Lucetta slumped back to her seat, right next to the now-dead Uni.

"Did my best to reserve her. Guess I can't play god on a goddess."

| >>582998
> Stopping, Kaz shakes his head and sets her back down gently in the chair she resided in, drawing up a chair of his own to sit in.

"You know, You're giving me bits and pieces, but I'm afraid I can't figure it out with what I have."

> He looks to the bartender, then to Marie, and finally to Lucetta.

| >It's been an exciting night, and Oenone wants nothing more than to wind down- which brings her here. She takes a seat at the counter, giving Emily a little wave.

| >>583001
"Okay, first let me ask you this, boy. How the hell did you get that girl to come down and follow you around like that?"

> Lucetta didn't let herself stray a gaze from Uni, though she didn't lose attention with Kazuki either. Her seriousness were coming at a risk to her own self.

"We need to stop you from doing that if you're okay."

| >>583004
"Minerva? She was looking for Uni. I knew where her apartment was, so I thought I'd help. The only reason we didn't reach Uni sooner was because of those stupid rods that fell on Chapel-3. Why does it need to stop?"

| >>583007
"Listen. I don't know Uni. I don't know her. I don't know ANYTHING about her. You know her, right? You'll know her more than me."

> Lucetta began rambling, her face pressed on her palms.

"Someone gave her to me. Said I'll put it to be better use. I didn't know it was her. I only thought what he said was true about it being a cure for my fucking issues."

| >The small girl with 3D-Glasses like eyes coughs once and sends Kazuki and Lucetta a glance
"You... okay..?"

| >>583010
"Oh hey! Yeah, we're all right. Just talking about life. The usual!"

> Lucetta says with her most convincing act. Anyone that didn't hear her before would immediately assume she is doing well for herself — but her lying falls short knowing everyone would have heard her mumble and burst out her stories loud.

| >>583010
"We're just fine, just.. Discussing life."
> Kazuki chuckles, his emotions mask easily.

| >The girl seeme utterly unconvinced
"Need... help..? Got... to help... others..."
*She gives a thumbs up... but her face is like a rock*

| >>583019
"I appreciate the gesture, but it'll be hard going through others about this, ya-see?"

> Lucetta draws a smile; a weary and tired smile. She herself is unconvinced of her act, but her best attempt was all that.

| >a brown haired boy walks in
>he is wearing a blue jacket and a strange headset
>and a guitar slung over his back
"Hello, i am here because of something about a kaz?
Apologiesfor the lateness, gem wanted to bring someone"

>following him is a girl with black and white hair wearing
>...
>oh dear, she seems to be wearing one of those ahegao hoodies with matching skirt and garterbelt thigh highs
>she seems to be carrying an ornate box of sorts
"Grandma uniii, where are youuu?"

| >>583020
"I insist... I love... helping..."
>She sends a glance at the new arrivals, especially the box

| >>583022
> Oh my... Kazuki, taking account for the new arrivals, plus the persistence of the single girl, begins to pick up Uni... Once more.

"Well, it seems she's going to need a lot more rest now.. Don't think leaving a sleeping person in a bar is going to be a very nice gesture!"

> He looks dead in the eyes at Lucetta.

"I think I'll be taking her to her apartment, unless...?"

| >Kaz's phone buzzes.

| >>583032
> He answers promptly, careful of the Uni in one arm.
"Hello?"

| >>583033
>Undoubtedly, It's John.
"It's, me. Sitrep?"

| >>583035
"Er, yeah. One unconscious and quite a crowd, where can I.."
> He softens his voice immensely, putting his phone closer.
"Take a dead Uni? Specifically without getting noticed."

| "Oh Jo- I mean that horrible. I'll call a car, they should be there in 5 to 10 Min."

>The voice is definitely John's, but he seems shaken up.

| >>583042
"5 to 10, Got it. I'll be waiting.. A-And John, you okay?"
> Kaz begins for the door, looking over his shoulder for Lucetta.

| "Y-yeah, Jo- I mean I'll... Beat Lucetta till she's blue and black all over."
>You swear you head a "Jesus, John..." Being muttered away from the phone.
"Oscar, he's the guy who will pick you up."
>And with that, the line goes dead.

| >>583025
>The small girl raises an eyebrow
"Let... me... help with that... Got a car..?"

| >>583047
"..."

> Is.. Is it getting to John? Kazuki sighs and turns to >>583049 ,
"Er, it's okay. I've got one arriving. I appreciate the offer, though."

> He begins for, and out the door!

| >>583051
>Outside, passerbys take note of Kaz, Uni in his hands. Some mutter that he's taking advantage of her... Other mutter praise for taking care of her.

>Little did they know, she was dead.

| >>583051
"Thank thou tender!"
>Marie gets up and does a small 'oh' as she follows after Kazuki

| > A short person in racing leathers pushes past and enters the bar, a trail of smoke following her, as if she only just ashed a cigarette. Her helmet looks like it barely is handing off of her fingers, which she deftly flips onto the bar counter as a way to get attention. Her voice is much rougher than her small frame would suggest it should be.

"Hey, can I get a big beer here? Preferably right now?"

| >>583054

> He ignores most, if not all of them, waiting for the arrival of the car. Once Marie has caught him, he simply waits for the vehicle.

>>583056
"I see you've enjoyed yourself, M'lady?"

| >>583057
"Oh Hello, of course I can do that!"
>Emily gives the girl a wave and a big beer

>>583060
"Aye, these Barr things art impressive, this one is happy to have seen it!"
>Marie smiles but then gasps
"Thou art also impressive thoust know!"

| >>583060
>After 9 minutes, an taxi sedan arrives, 2 side door open to Kaz and Marie.
"Mr. Kazuhi, it's Oscar, please get in the car."

| >>583064
"Really?"

>>583067
"Right. Cometh, Marie."
>Kaz enters the cab, placing Uni in the middle, again gently to his nature. He closes his door and waits for Marie.
"Where you taking us, now?"

| >>583070
"W-we are going to the LZ, where the body will get checked for bugs and trackers, then you go to on to the Arc."
>Oscar looks very on guard, as if expecting an ambush. Or maybe it's his first day on the job...

| >>583071
"The Arc? I'm starting to get confused... Again, for that matter."

| >>583074
"It's the command center. Don't think too hard about it. Everyone has their own name for it."

| >>583064

> The woman takes a massive swig of beer, drinking half of it in a single go, somehow. She is completely unfazed by it and exhales softly, as if she's got nothing going on at all. She turns to Emily and points a question at her

"So, what's the kind of work in this city. For someone who isn't... legally available for something conventional"

| >>583076
"Huh, well a lot of my customers are people that shadowrun, are you one of those miss?"
>Emily scratches her head

| >>583051
> Lucetta saw Uni being taken by Kazuki and thought… very little of it. She doesn't exemplify someone who cares about her maid, but there isn't anything pointing out otherwise either.

> She let herself draw a sigh, releasing the tension built from all the yelling she has done today.

"That's enough."

> She mutters to herself.

"Damn it. I came here for a damned drink and now I lost a maid."

> And that, she said to herself audibly.

| >>583096

> The girl shoots a puzzled look and takes another swig of beer, smaller than the last

"A Shadowrunner? They're actually the kind to run around these parts? I guess it makes sense. I'm not one of them though."

| >>583025
>while all those other people leave they sit down at the counter
"Ah it seems we missed it"

"Awww. Bye grandma unii!"
>she waves goodbye
>poor girl, if only she knew..
>>583023
"Oh dear, gem, people are staring again."

"Hiya there miss?
Is there something you want?"
>the girl tilts her head in a curious manor
>then sets down the box on the counter as gently as she could manage