danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How much manga costs in your hometown?

|

| 5€ usually first episode, rest 8€ per piece.. longer manga like gits 18€+

| R$ 25,00
Really expensive when you think about it.

| >>720740 Robux?

| >>720751 Reais. Brazilian money.

| One volume costs around 11$ where i live which is quite overpriced

| Mostly 10 to 14 usd for the commons

| I paid almost 40R$ (like 8$) on the first made in abyss and it took almost one month to deliver

| 7-8€ for one volume here.

| 7€

| 7€

| $10-$15 USD on Amazon, I’m too lazy to drive to the nearest Barnes and Noble (about a 15-20 minute drive) for them to not have the title I want. Also I don’t want to make my degeneracy public lol

| Back in the days (~2007) it was 5€ per volume, price creeped its way up and now it starts at 6,50€ and goes up to 9 or even 10€!
Which is one of the reasons i stopped buying them.
I could afford it, but those prices are unjustifiable.

| >>720898
Maybe 6.50 can be counted nowadays as inflation but not 10 ???? lol

| The cheap ones are about 2 USD per volume. The good-quality ones are about 2.8 USD to 4 USD. Pretty cheap, I guess! Manga are very popular here so there are a lot of collectors!

The only downside is that the translation tend to not be very good, but it's improving these days.

| >>720923 Inflation would get us to about 6€ nowadays. And i looked at my old books, they already increased the prices around 2009, far earlier than i thought. Makes it even more questionable.
For nothing of value gained on top. Translation and editing is getting worse, 5 Pages of selfpromotion per Volume (even though more people buy manga than ever before) while saying paperprices are too high.
And then the 8 to 10€ volumes without colorpages or anything
Feels like a huge ripoff

| >>720958 Even the originals cost 400yen and up, what kind of country are you living in to get these cheap prices?
I really envy you! (except for the bad translations, but hey it's improving at least)

| 0€ bato.to

| $0 cause they don't sell any here

| >>721018
Indonesia! Living cost in general is pretty cheap here, but manga also has a long history in the country, so they can't raise the price too much without people getting up in arms about it. I assume they also have exceptionally good deals with Japanese publishers.

Local comic tend to be slightly more expensive per volume, but they're usually printed on better paper. Western comic is basically non-existent except for some old European ones.

| Bought one of Junji Ito's, costed 800ARS (Argentine Peso)

| 0€ no manga around here

| If it's in polish then about 20 pln average, 40 if it's in English.

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1607292733

This thread is permanently archived