danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is RWBY consider as anime?

|

| no

| A lot of people do consider it anime, and a lot don't, but I think it should be allowed in anime communities. Even if i don't really think it's anime.

| >>667760 how abput that show where everyone is made of glass or something? I forgot the name of it though.

| By definition, anime is a piece of animation made in Japan. Not made in Japan = not an anime.

| if it loks like a duck, and acts like a duck, then it's a duck

| >>667793 Houseki no kuni, both the anime and manga are really good

| no

| It might not be anime, but it's still Very Anime.

| >>667800 in that case, the majority of any recent anime isn't actually anime. Keyframes are done in Japan, but in-between frames (or what makes up the majority of the anime), is outsourced.

| >>668110 I mean if the studio that releases it is japanese, then it's an anime.

| i dont know gurls. for me nothing that comes out of western countries really is anime. i mean people even differentiate between "anime"and donghuas"(chinese anime basically,same drawing style as anime etc)
so no rwby is not an anime in my opinion

| someone once told me "Your name" is not anime because it's not an TV show episodic series...

| Yes

| It's not an anime, why would you call it an anime. Anime's short for animation, why the fuck would you cut a word so much in such an unnatural to a western person way? Unless you're Japanese and it makes perfect sense.

>>668327 It's an animated movie, they were correct, god bless their soul.

| I don't care. It was good and I enjoyed it. That's what matters.

| >>668662 agreed.

| Didn't rwby actually air in Japan at some point

| If it has anime aesthetics, it's anime to me, regardless of how shitty it is or where it was made. For example: Avatar, Wakfu, Teen Titans, Ben 10, Martin Mystery, etc.

| On the other hand, something could be anime inspired without adopting the aesthetic. A great example would be Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!. It's obviously a parody of Japanese sentai hero shows, but because it looks so different (colors are too sharp, as is the overall art design), I don't realy consider it anime.

| Actually, a better example would be Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. I remember early on people were shitting on the design, calling it 'adult Powerpuff Girls', and began looking for every reason to rant they can to ride the wave when hating on that show was cool. The artstyle is recognizable as made by Trigger, which is already known for their dynamic style, but coupled with it's chibi design, the show easily garnered a lot of negative attention.

| I personally don't call it an anime. Or at least, not one I'd point at to give an idea of what to expect out of the rest visually. I think that this is reason enough at least to not consider it traditional anime, even though it's a damn good show.

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1591927215

This thread is permanently archived